Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: audi a4 turbo
oadamo

posted on 10/8/07 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
audi a4 turbo

will this fit to a type 9 gearbox.and the fan is on the engine how do you go about taking it off to put an electric one on thanks.
adam

ned

posted on 10/8/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
I assume you're talking about the 1.8t? This has been discussed many times before, I believe a dutch(?) kit manufacturer can supply a bellhousing, I forget for which gearbox (t5?) as the type9 wouldn't last long behind a decent turbo motor as the torque would destroy the box.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fatboy Dave

posted on 10/8/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
And to only slightly pimp, I sell an adaptor plate for the MT75

I assume that it has a viscous clutch, much like the Pinto does, so you should just be able to remove it. Otherwise, fit the transverse engines waterpump.

Dave

Stop the planet, I want to get off

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

fesycresy

posted on 10/8/07 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
If it's the 1.8t audi as Ned said (BAM code for 225bhp) then Alphax to a conversion plate for an MT75.

The dutch Tiger dealer does a complete bellhousing, but get your cheque book out for that one.

Emerald do a flying loom for their ECU. So wiring isn't a problem if you get all the sensors.

But remember this is normally a transverse motor, not longitudinal, so pay your money for a dry sump or take your chances with a wet.

HTH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Fatboy Dave

posted on 10/8/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy

But remember this is normally a transverse motor, not longitudinal, so pay your money for a dry sump or take your chances with a wet.

HTH.

A4 and Passat engines are longitudinal. The hint was in the fact that the engine asked about has an engine driven fan...

Dave

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

oadamo

posted on 10/8/07 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
hi its the 1.8 turbo but on the cover it has v5 what this means i dont no. fatboy your right its mounted longitudinal. and ive got megasquit so the ecu souldnt be a problem lol i hope. fatboy dave how much for the plate have you got a pic is that to use the standard clucth aswell.
adam

[Edited on 10/8/07 by oadamo]

Fatboy Dave

posted on 10/8/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Errrrrrr?

Like this?

If it is, that means it's the VW V5 motor (i.e. one off a V6, a bit like a 5 pot VR6)...

Dave

oadamo

posted on 10/8/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
no its diffrent to that. thats what was puzzleing me but i think its just the 1.8t because its write on the boot.
adam

fesycresy

posted on 10/8/07 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I never even looked at the Passat etc.

I looked into putting the Audi TT motor in, but my only concerns were the size of the MT75 and whether it could withstand a tuned BAM motor.

Learn something every day

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Fatboy Dave

posted on 10/8/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
MT75 will handle 300bhp OK. It's hard to uprate them either. Don't forget, there's a fusable link in the whole chain called traction. When blowing a gearbox up, you'll tend to find it's shock loading due to traction that causes the damage.

Sidestepping the clutch in a Sierra will shorten the life of a box quicker than in a se7en, due to the extra traction afforded with the original cars weight advantage.

Annnnnyway. Just buy it cheap, slap on an aftermarket manifold and a GTRS knock-off turbo and have some fun. I've been doing that with a 200sx for over a year now

Dave

oadamo

posted on 10/8/07 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
ive already got the type9 box so i might just use that for now until i got a cossy box. ive got a boost controller so it might help.
adam

Fatboy Dave

posted on 10/8/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
T9 will fit with my adaptor (I must stop, I've not sorted out trader status yet ).

Dunno why you want a T5, they're huge and heavy. MT75 will serve you just fine without the expense.

Dave

AlphaX

posted on 10/8/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
we have a adapter plate for it as well, complete with flywheel, custom made clutch and more. We run them with MS without any problems at all.
The MT75 will hold the power easily, specially in a kitcar.
If you would like any more info, send me an email.

Cheers

major

posted on 11/8/07 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
hi its the 1.8 turbo but on the cover it has v5 what this means i dont no. fatboy your right its mounted longitudinal. and ive got megasquit so the ecu souldnt be a problem lol i hope. fatboy dave how much for the plate have you got a pic is that to use the standard clucth aswell.
adam

- Perhaps 5valves per cylinder.

oadamo

posted on 11/8/07 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
its 20 valve so it must be for 5 valves per cylinder pmsl.
adam

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.