Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Tuning
GO

posted on 5/9/03 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Tuning

Anyone know any decent websites for Zetec tuning?
zetec

posted on 6/9/03 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Dunnel seem to have loads of info on tuning Zetec, very good results but pricey!
First stage after fitting carbs or throttle bodies is head and cams with new big end bolts if you are going to rev high. Lots of people suggest cams on their own but you will only see a little of the possible gains without a gas flowed head. Pay most attention in the early stages to the induction system get this right as this will help if you decide to tune the standard head/cams, Jenvey said they have seen 40bhp difference on tuned engines just by getting the inlet length correct!

Fast Westie

posted on 17/10/03 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Get a throttle body kit from Scholar Engines, change the cams for 130PS and fit a decent baffled sump. If yoy want more power you can have the head skimed a bit, but with the above you should have 170bhp on the 2L and 160 on the 1.8L.
You only need reinforced con rod bolts above 7400rpm

The car in front is a Westfield

bob

posted on 17/10/03 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.zetecinside.com

street

posted on 18/10/03 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Converting the Zetec to run on carbs can be expensive, so if moneys a bit tight have you thaught about a 2.0 ZVH conversion? This is basically a Zetec bottom end with a CVH head, which means big capacity with a simple carb setup.
Coversion kits are available, but i chose the DIY option which basically involves swapping the sump, oil pickup pipe, dipstick tube and waterpump to a 1.8 or 1.6 Zetec's, blanking off the oil/water ports that the single cam CVH head doesnt need, and spacing out the pulley a couple of mm. Mine uses twin 40's, a fast road cam and some porting/polishing to get around 150bhp. If you turbo it your talking 200bhp plus. All the bits for the conversion were sourced from my local breakers and doesnt owe me more than £200.

Street

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.