Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Panther
woodstaff

posted on 14/8/07 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Panther

Hello all
I am new to this forum and kit cars generally. I am considering building a 7 style (or maybe some other bike engined car) I have spent months looking at cars and build sites so far, I am now looking at a GTS Panther, could anyone point me to some build sites so that I could get a better idea of the construction.
Many thanks in advance

graememk

posted on 14/8/07 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
theres one for sale atm

twybrow

posted on 14/8/07 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Look seriously into the issues with GTS before you get too excited. If you order it today, you may get some parts next year (if you are lucky)!

speedyxjs

posted on 14/8/07 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't you build your own and go locost. You could even use a jag engine

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Macbeast

posted on 14/8/07 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
http://gtslocost/locostsites.co.uk is a good one.
locoboy

posted on 14/8/07 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look in my archive and see some of mine.

If you want any specific ones i will have a trawl through my PC and see what i have got.

Its a nice well made kit, Just make sure you get everything in one go and you wont go far wrong.

Alternatively buy mine!

ATB
Locoboy

andyharding

posted on 14/8/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
2nd looking into the customer service issues with GTS

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Bacon2002

posted on 14/8/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,
I have read lots about GTS and the service Darren is infamous for however I have found him to be a genuine and helpfull guy.
I ordered a GTS Panther Deluxe kit in on the 14th May 07, at the time of ordering Darren explained it would take 6 to 8 weeks. He delivered it in person on the 18th July 07.
Not bad at all and from what I have ready probably a lot better than many other companies.
The kit appear to be high quality and well made and importantly the GTS forum here is very helpfull and friendly.
I would recommend calling Darren and explaining to him that having read feedback on the web and you have reservations, see what he says, thats what I did and he was very open about the subject.
I am very happy with GTS that said clearly some people have had problems but from what I understand the kit car industry is mostly made up of small firms most of which seem to have supply problems from time to time.
I hope this helps,
David

damien

posted on 14/8/07 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bacon2002
Hi,
I have read lots about GTS and the service Darren is infamous for however I have found him to be a genuine and helpfull guy.
I ordered a GTS Panther Deluxe kit in on the 14th May 07, at the time of ordering Darren explained it would take 6 to 8 weeks. He delivered it in person on the 18th July 07.
Not bad at all and from what I have ready probably a lot better than many other companies.
The kit appear to be high quality and well made and importantly the GTS forum here is very helpfull and friendly.
I would recommend calling Darren and explaining to him that having read feedback on the web and you have reservations, see what he says, thats what I did and he was very open about the subject.
I am very happy with GTS that said clearly some people have had problems but from what I understand the kit car industry is mostly made up of small firms most of which seem to have supply problems from time to time.
I hope this helps,
David

its nice to see some good feedback for a change about GTS

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.