Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Request for Zetec MSnSE Maps (EDIS)
chasmon

posted on 16/8/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Request for Zetec MSnSE Maps (EDIS)

Hi all,

After spending quite a long time sorting out various aspects of the wiring I now have a car that starts but doesn't idle YET!

I was wondering if anyone with a similar set-up to me could kindly donate a map.

Just bought a LC1 so I will be tuning it too but could really do with a starting point or at least a reference.

Setup as follows:

2.0L Zetec - standard internals
GSXR 1000 (same as 750) Throttle Bodies
LC-1 Wideband sensor installed - sorting integration into MS atm.
EDIS ignition

Any help appreciated I will probably start from scratch but something for reference would be really useful.

Thanks!

chasmon

posted on 16/8/07 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Doh.... charliewallis@hotmail.com
paulf

posted on 17/8/07 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Try here in the downloads.http://www.extraefi.co.uk/downloads.htm
Lots of maps and good info on there that will give you a starting point, but you will need to do a lot of tuning no matter what you use , i havent found a good one that works from scratch yet.
Paul.

chasmon

posted on 17/8/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Been working on it tonight using the map I was given ages ago. Just cannot get it to Idle...

It starts every time but then it slowly slows down and dies. Tried messing around with warm up enrichments etc. But no joy.

LC-1 also showing voltage despite having AFR checked as prefered...

Quite frustrated and concerned that my plans for finishing it this summer are pie in the sky

Someone remind me of way I turned down a set of 45s (jetted correctly) and a fully mapped system including loom for my engine...

Must stay positive

mr zefect

posted on 18/8/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Pm me your email address and i will send you my msq im using the same set up with 1800 zetec injectors.

chriscook

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Some obvious questions to check.

- What version of MS are you using?

- Have you calibrated you AFR table? Look under tools in Megatune?

- In Megatune configurator have you selected and LC-1 and said to use AFR and not Lambda?

- Is EGO control active at idle? If is and you are seeing something other than AFR it'll mess it up.

Where are you?

[Edited on 19/8/07 by chriscook]

chasmon

posted on 19/8/07 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mr Zetec for the Map. I've had no chance to try it yet as have been felling trees all weekend (right outside the garage).

Thanks also Chris for the reply...

I'm on MSI V3
AFR Targets Table under "More Settings" is not setup properly.
Ego Control is only set to be active above 7500rpm (I can't get to 1500 )
Config is set to LC-1 0-5v 10-20 AFR
Display Lambda is un-checked...

I'm in sunny (ha ha) Glucestershire!

One thing I've been thinking on is maybe my Fuel Req is way off. I haven't checked the Pressure (supposed to be 3bar pre-set) Will get a gauge from merlin on way home tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies very encourgaing to know I'm not on my own Will post how I get one tomorrow!

Cheers

Charlie

chasmon

posted on 25/8/07 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Will definitely post up how I get once I can get on with it... Bought a gauge and it cracked the casting of the fuel reg when screwing it in. So awaiting new one...

Been trying to get the LC-1 to comunicate with the laptop and its not playing ball. It connected once very briefly but lost connection when I tried to program it and nothing since.

Didn't want ppl to think I'd just got it working and hadn't bothered to respond. Seems a lot of thread end up like that... These things are sent to test us...

chasmon

posted on 14/10/07 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
OK little update. I have completely started again with the MS and loaded new firmware on and used Mr Zefects map to get the car successfully started.

Fuel pressure adjusted to 3bar engine revs up and idles but with slight throttle.

Next problem: Looking at real time data the MAP signal is sat at 90kPa. Should this not reduce significantly with throttle almost closed. I have removed the vac take off and I can get it to go down by sucking on it...

Its plumbed into the manifold through the channel in the gasket to get a reading from all TBs. When the engines running I can't feel any suction on this though.

Does this imply a leak?

Thanks for all help so far until this weekend I had started looking for Webbers and ECUs Now feel slightly back on track!

C

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.