Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nokia n73 and tom tom
graememk

posted on 30/8/07 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
nokia n73 and tom tom

i have just got a nokia n73 mobile on upgrade and have a blue tooth car kit built into my car, i have just bought a gps reciever from ebay and would like to know where i could get a copy of tom tom to work on my phone, can anyone help ?

twybrow

posted on 30/8/07 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think TomTom works on the N73. It needs to run the very basic version of windows to work.

graememk

posted on 30/8/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
my mate has the older n72 and it works on his, will be a shame if it doesnt work.

rayward

posted on 30/8/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
tomtom does work on the n73, u2u me your adress, and i will send a copy of a couple of cd's i have

i might not get chance before i go away so might be a week or so

Ray

damien

posted on 30/8/07 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
do you still need a copy? ive got it on my phone and can upload it somewhere for you

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

damien

posted on 31/8/07 at 05:48 AM Reply With Quote
how this is the right link - www.poogiepugs.co.uk/logosandbackgrounds/tomtomn73.zip

all you need to do is unzip 2 zip files, then make a new folder called "tomtom" on your mmc then put the contence of both zip files in that folder, then just swich your phone on and that should be it

here is the link to tomtom for my old 6600/6680

www.poogiepugs.co.uk/logosandbackgrounds/tomtom.zip

[Edited on 31/8/07 by damien]

twybrow

posted on 31/8/07 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
Damien that is a sweet looking Pug. I used to have one (altho not that pretty!). Good news on the TomTom. I was told by a numpty in carphonewarehouse that it didn't work on the N73. I have one, and went out and bought a TomTom because of that! I will try your method and see what works. Many thanks.

damien

posted on 31/8/07 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
i know tomtom works as ive got it on my n73, silly muppets

thanks for the comments on my 205, loads more pics on my webbie - http://www.poogiepugs.co.uk/13.html?frm_data1=17&frm_data1_type=all

twybrow

posted on 31/8/07 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Mate it looks mint! I take it's a standard 1.9 8v? We stripped out a 1.6, took out the knackered engine and dropped a 1.9 in with the 1.6 box. It made an awesome track car - great fun, especially in the wet. Having stripped out everything (and I mean everything) it went like stink - shocked a few Scooby drivers around the track!

DarrenW

posted on 31/8/07 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Apologies for partial Hijack.

i too have a N73. Im a numpty with techy stuff. How do you get it to work? What GPS is needed?

I have the nokia sync software loaded on laptop and can transfer calendar / photo's no problem.

Cheers,
Darren.

DarrenW

posted on 31/8/07 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by damien
how this is the right link - www.poogiepugs.co.uk/logosandbackgrounds/tomtomn73.zip

all you need to do is unzip 2 zip files, then make a new folder called "tomtom" on your mmc then put the contence of both zip files in that folder, then just swich your phone on and that should be it

What is the mmc? I assume its a file in the phone itself? Do you set this up on the Nokia PC suite?

Jasper

posted on 31/8/07 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Apologies for partial Hijack.

i too have a N73. Im a numpty with techy stuff. How do you get it to work? What GPS is needed?

I have the nokia sync software loaded on laptop and can transfer calendar / photo's no problem.

Cheers,
Darren.

Just make sure you get a genuine TomTom GPS receiver - lots on Ebay.......

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

DarrenW

posted on 31/8/07 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Oh bugger, downloaded the files but cant extract them. Its maybe because im using winrar instead of winzip, or they corrupted on the download. Anyone else managed OK?

damien

posted on 31/8/07 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
ok ok people carm down......

mmc= media memory card, your need at least a 512mb one, you can get them off ebay for £10 maybe less. it is the same type of card that you use in most cameras.

the best/easyest way to get the files on the phone/memory card is with a card reader, some laptops have them built in or you can get one off ebay for about £10.

you can not put the files onto the phone/mmc by the data cable as the phone does not notice some of the files and ends up not coppying some over (well it did that to me).

ive tested the file by downloading it and testing it on my phone and it all seems ok, the file is a zip file and can only be "unziped" by winzip but the files inside the "zipped" file are RAR files which can be "unzipped" by winzip and winrar.

regarding the gps reciver, you can use any old bluetooth one, it dont need to be a tomtom one but the tomtom ones are the best and load/update the fastest. i just got a £50 one off ebay and it does the job fine for me.

i hope that covers everything.

damien

posted on 31/8/07 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
Mate it looks mint! I take it's a standard 1.9 8v? We stripped out a 1.6, took out the knackered engine and dropped a 1.9 in with the 1.6 box. It made an awesome track car - great fun, especially in the wet. Having stripped out everything (and I mean everything) it went like stink - shocked a few Scooby drivers around the track!

yeah she is a good old 1.9 8v lump, i use her for show 'n shine comps. ive rebuild from the ground up, ive rebuild the engine, gearbox, fitted a ph2 black dash, ph2 black bumper strips, ph2 lights all round, limited edtion full leathers, limited edtion carpet, limited edtion doorcards and new new wheels. all the parts (apart from the seats) came new from peugeot so it all cost me a fair few bob.

the 205's make great track cars but i decided to use my gti6 for the track but ive now decided to brake it and use the money for my locost build

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.