Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help - my wheels don't fit
ned

posted on 31/8/07 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
help - my wheels don't fit

Said my work colleagues this morning. His new pro race 1.2's wouldn't fit over his sierra hubs. We conversed about the issue, discussed the studs and hub centre which he purchased from raldes the same length as mine. He tried two sets of uprights and both the same issue so we told him to ring the great guys at mac1 who duly answered the phone and said they'd speak to team dynamics for him.

My colleague had just got off the phone when I asked (still bemused by the fact that his studs are too long when they fit my car with same running gear fine) that he did have the brake discs on?

Oh how we laughed, we were in stiches for minutes, even during the follow-up call to mac1 to advise them of his new 'muppet' status

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
balidey

posted on 31/8/07 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
No brake discs, thats a good way to reduce unsprung weight . Infact I bet you could remove the calipers too and not notice the difference with the brakes
speedyxjs

posted on 31/8/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Brilliant!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

James

posted on 31/8/07 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

DarrenW

posted on 31/8/07 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
LMAO

thats one of the best ones ive heard for ages. Thanks for sharing Ned. Did you promise to keep it a secret???????

adithorp

posted on 31/8/07 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
I think there's a sub clause in Murphy's law that says, the bigger the cock up, the less likely you are to spot it!

adrian

ned

posted on 31/8/07 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
No secrecy, but I won't name him just yet. I have made him aware of this post in case he wishes to own up!

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mac1

posted on 31/8/07 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
We know who it is.............
jos

posted on 31/8/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Murpheys Law

If theres a 50/50 chance of getting something right theres a 90% chance that you'll make the wrong decision

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.