Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 205-50-15 tyres
Toady1

posted on 5/9/07 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
205-50-15 tyres

I bought some yoko ao-32s a little while back in the above profile, is that a good set up to use all round or should i keep these for the back and put some 195's on the front? its only 10mm difference I know but was just wondering what people ran on theirs and how it performed? thanks
higgsti

posted on 5/9/07 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
i had 205 tyres on my car when i bought it and found it to heavy on steering i now have 185 all round the car turns in much easier now
RK

posted on 5/9/07 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Can't believe the number of guys who are on here while they're at work... I haven't gone in yet - too early.

I will be running 215's cause that's the smallest that will fit my nifty Rota 13 x 8 " rims. Might get some narrower ones then. The other option is just to go faster everywhere and hope you never have to parallel park anywhere.

[Edited on 5/9/07 by RK]

TangoMan

posted on 5/9/07 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I changed from very hard 205/50s to soft 195/55s and didn't notice any change to the steering feel but it does grip better.

I may in future go back up to 205 on the rear as they filled the arches slightly better and should give a better launch, but they are more expensive that the 195's by a fair margin thanks to the world of ebay.

Summer's here!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.