Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Baffle for racecan
cossiebri

posted on 7/9/07 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Baffle for racecan

After driving over 1000 miles to 'the ring' and back (with no breakdowns) with a straight through racecan (and the other cars in convoy complaing about the noise) my ears were ringing!!
Talking to a biker at work he suggested a racecan baffle ??
A quick look on e-skip and voila, very reasonable at just over a tenner very locost! plus 24hr delivery!
car seems to be more eager in the lower part of the rev range, might have picked up a bit more torque? It's a lot better driving in town anyway and a LOT less noisy

Baffle linky

Forgot to mention an absolute piece of pi$$ to fit ! and easy to take off for loud days!

[Edited on 7/9/07 by cossiebri]

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

tegwin

posted on 7/9/07 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Im totally baffled by it!!...

Someone had to say it :p

Toady1

posted on 7/9/07 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
mmm, ive heard bad things about these! apparently a few becs a trackdays have blown their engines up whilst using these and have put it down to resistance of hot gases getting out? sounds feasible! but ive not used one. I think it was on the westfiels forum i read it, have a look mate!
Davey D

posted on 7/9/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
They are just the same as what you get with the big exhaust systems for the jap sportscars.. i had one that came with my Blitz Nur spec- Cat back system.. it made quite a difference to the noise output
wheezy

posted on 7/9/07 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I have used one of those on my last couple of track days. They drop the noise by about 3-5 db. The down side is that they kill the horse power above 8k along with an increase in engine temp due to the high back pressure. I wouldnt want to use it for long track sessions.
cossiebri

posted on 8/9/07 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a rolling road session at the end of the month, so will find out with and without the baffle about temps and power/torque

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

mad-butcher

posted on 8/9/07 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
bought one myself called DB Killer should have been called power killer biggest load of shite i've ever wasted money on, killed the top end revs and power thank god it only took 5 minutes to remove it,
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.