Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Radiator for CANAMSA
Fred W B

posted on 13/9/07 at 06:07 AM Reply With Quote
New Radiator for CANAMSA

I finally got around to unpacking my new radiator for CANAMSA.

31" (790 mm) x 19" (480 mm) x 2 7/8" sized aluminium supplied off the shelf from Summit racing USA. This is the biggest of a "universal" standard range.

Listed at 180 USD / 1300 SAR / 90 UKP in the Summit catalogue, and ended up costing 280 USD / 2050 SAR / 140 UKP landed here by airfreight.

I'm very happy with it, considering what it cost.

Cheers

Fred W B

ally rad
ally rad

[Edited on 13/9/07 by Fred W B]

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

mr henderson

posted on 13/9/07 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm very happy with it, considering what it cost.

I can see why

RazMan

posted on 13/9/07 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
That certainly looks very capable Fred

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 13/9/07 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
90 quid?!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Doug68

posted on 13/9/07 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
The low value of the US Dollar is working in well for a lot of people.
The las thing I had shipped from the USA was a Wilwood pedal box at US$165 + P&P (A$265 delivered) it was A$120 cheaper than the local supply.

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

rpmagazine

posted on 13/9/07 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
I received an RX7 rad, series 6 all alloy from China for $320 delivered to my door by courier. 52mm thick core should do well enough.
Bart Vangampelaere

posted on 14/9/07 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rpmagazine
I received an RX7 rad, series 6 all alloy from China for $320 delivered to my door by courier. 52mm thick core should do well enough.

I looked at that aswell, but didn't dare going chinese... I'm not sure if they're good quality. So you can let me know, for when I start my next project (the S6 rad I bought now, goes into a 1982 S2 RX-7)

rpmagazine

posted on 15/9/07 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
the very same rad was available from the majority of US and Australian Mazda tuning shops for an additional $2-300...with the addition of their sprayed logo!
It seems as good as many others, not as good as a locally made race one, but it is $450 cheaper!

Bart Vangampelaere

posted on 15/9/07 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rpmagazine
the very same rad was available from the majority of US and Australian Mazda tuning shops for an additional $2-300...with the addition of their sprayed logo!
It seems as good as many others, not as good as a locally made race one, but it is $450 cheaper!

aha, that's good to know
It's just that I had heared some things about chinese rads, and was a bit worried. But obviously, it's not gonna get any better quality by spraying a logo on...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.