Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Virtual Insanity
ettore bugatti

posted on 19/1/10 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Not so much to present, but I fooled around with Hypershot.

This was done 5 minutes after the installation of the program.

BTW 15 inch, 6J wide, offset 15mm Rescued attachment gs118.jpg
Rescued attachment gs118.jpg

aitch

posted on 19/1/10 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
i like it

not sure about the dimensions and therefore driveability but as a design concept i really like it...

also if its a bike engine and weiging in at under 600kg whats the problem? my girlfriend has a cinquecento with less than 60hp and it weighs a lot more. the torque argument also is irrelevant as the hp or torque at the wheel is the same for any engine with a given hp just the bike engine will be revving higher which it is designed to do

im contemplating a similar coupe style car however i will be using windscreen and frame from a production car to keep life simpple, ill even be using wiper assembly from the same car

i like it, work out the issues with iva etc. then design it as you want it that way you wull be happy

aitch

p.s. nice to see something original and different

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ettore bugatti

posted on 19/1/10 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks!

I think a major revision is needed (start from scratch), but still I want it to be as tiny as possible.
Hillclimb specials have even a more extreme wheelbase:track ratio. Also the current Toyota iQ has quite an extreme ratio.

I share the same opinion about the weight/ power/ torque issues. Although detuning a bike engine for bottom end pickup is not a strange thought IMHO.

The Fiat 126 has a nice screen (used on the Midas Bronze/Gold)

Another render with a photoshop touch. Rescued attachment BEC.89.jpg
Rescued attachment BEC.89.jpg

aitch

posted on 19/1/10 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
you might try a cinquechento screen has a real nic curve to it and easy to come by

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ettore bugatti

posted on 19/1/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Another one, because it is so much fun Rescued attachment gs119.jpg
Rescued attachment gs119.jpg

matt_gsxr

posted on 19/1/10 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
I like this (perhaps the oldest thread in town) and wish you well with it.

Regarding "tuning a bike engine for low end torque" this is possibly not the greatest idea. You can only do so much (without a turbo), and realistically a 1.2litre bike engine in a 600kg car will not be short of torque (as long as the gearing is sensible, i.e. no more than 60mph in 1st).

I wish you well with your build. I see you have designed a nice wheel, how is the rest of the build getting on? I'd love to see some pictures as the VW Scirocco was one of my favourite designs.

Matt

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.