Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Aries Locoblade
timcullen

posted on 23/9/07 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Aries Locoblade

Hi Guys, went up to Donnington last weekend. Rubbish show but was very taken by the idea of building a Locoblade. Didnt have time on the day to chat to the bloke on the stand (Girlfriend had had enough by this stage!) but have since emailed the chap. He reckons about 6.5k + vat will buy me most parts from him including a blade engine, with me supplying uprights, wheels, diff etc.

Does this seem like a good deal?
I prefer the look of this Locoblade to others but should I look elsewhere also?
Is this car any easy one to get through an SVA
Can I reduce this price significantly by sourcing most of my own parts?

Sorry for all the questions but I have been out of the kit car scene since I sold my faithful S1 dutton 10 years ago.

My Locoblade would mainly be used for track days and the odd hill climb, but I would like it road legal as there is nothing better than a sunday morning blast to get rid of the hangover!

Any thoughts much appriciated.

Peteff

posted on 23/9/07 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
You could probably buy a built and SVAd car for that if you hang about long enough, it depends what you want out of it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

timcullen

posted on 23/9/07 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Well I was sort of looking forward to the building process
BenB

posted on 23/9/07 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
The Locoblade is okay to get through SVA- the only problem I had was (apart from the sharp edges on the headlight mounts which are tricky to cover) is the self-centering..... It's all to do with the king-pin inclination... I suspect Aries won't have changed the wishbones from when the car was made by Stuart Taylor Motorsport. I think most 7's have problems with self-centering- not sure if the Aries/STM is any worse or better than others. But it still struggled....

That sounds quite expensive. Don't think I paid STM 6k in total (ie including VAT) and that included tyres, wheels, diff etc.

I haven't added up the prices on the Aries list (they may have put them up a fair (or maybe unfair!!) bit)but I can't see where 6.5k (before VAT) comes from....

kipper

posted on 23/9/07 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Locoblade

If you want a cheaper option, my ST is for sale. It has a Vulcan crossflow engine at the moment but it is an easy change to a fire blade and you could recover the cost of the blade engine by flogging the crossfow.
It has just been fitted with new toyo r888 tyres , is taxed and tested and ready to go.
Looking for 4750 pounds firm.
I also have a four wheel trailer which was made for the car.
Regards Kipper.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.