Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nottingham DVLA
macdave69

posted on 1/10/07 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
nottingham DVLA

After being told there is no direct number to Nottingham DVLa by someone at the DVLA, then being asked why I needed an appointment, to be told I don't need an appoitment.
Then the same person couldn't answer how I get a registration number.
She then asked if I had filled the forms in, at which I replied Yes, all the forms you sent me,
To which she replied, Ah but have you filled in the right forms? To which I answered , How would I know, You sent them me.
Strangely the phone then went dead, not terminated by me I hasten to add.

So has nottingham DVLA really not got a phone number, or shall I just make a plate number up just like I did with the chassis

BenB

posted on 1/10/07 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
If you ring Swansea DVLA and whoop some ass they give you the local office number... and the fax number....
Paul TigerB6

posted on 1/10/07 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/contactus/localoffices/findnear/england/nottingham_local_office.aspx?keywords=nottingham

Interesting how it still goes through Swansea anyway!!

[Edited on 1/10/07 by Paul TigerB6]

macdave69

posted on 1/10/07 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
unfortunately the number is the "switchboard of little knowledge"

My better half has managed to find the person "who knows" in Swansea and a form is being sent out. trouble is the post is on strike again for 4 days, so I doubt I will get it in time for the SVA.
Oh well it'll probably rain all October anyway

Paul TigerB6

posted on 1/10/07 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Is the correct form they are sending not available for download??
macdave69

posted on 1/10/07 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
nope it's a big carborundum one, the V55/4.
I work 5 minutes from the Brum DVLA, so I may pop down and see if they keep any on stock there.

NS Dev

posted on 1/10/07 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have never dealt with an organisation as useless as Notts DVLA in my entire life

Notts VOSA are great, which is in stark contrast to their dvla colleagues down the road.

You need to speak to Peter Rayvern at notts DVLA, but I have no number for him, even speaking 1 to 1 with him prior to my inspection he refused to give me his direct line.

It makes me mad that my tax pays these incompetent idiots.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

brynhamlet

posted on 1/10/07 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Strange because my dealing with them were great.. I did have a direct dial number for them which unfortunately I no longer have, but the guy came out to the Vosa centre and even waited around after he checked my car and another one who had arranged to meet there until I'd got my pass ticket, to take all the paperworh back to the office.

Guess it's just getting hold of the right guy on the right day

macdave69

posted on 1/10/07 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well rather than fester and worry about the postal service, the dvla, whether my insurance cover will lapse if I can't get a reg plate in 28 days because of the postal system and the DVLa, Ruthy(my considerably better half and co builder of the Bladester) is donning her jacket and setting off for Nottingham DVLA to see what they require and what can be done to get it all sorted.
Isn't commmunication a marvellous thing

macdave69

posted on 1/10/07 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
UPDATE,
festering and worrying over!
The nice man at the DVLA has told Ruthy that we can call in the DVLA on the way back from the SVA on the 11th, provided they are happy with the paperwork we should have a reg number within 48 hours. He even provided the forms on the spot.
I really wonder what the Swansea switchboard (the first time) were playing at

ReMan

posted on 1/10/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunatly I believe Peter has left Nottingham now, he was very helpful to me too.
However, I spoke to a colleague of his when I was sorting mine and they, also seemed au fait with the process too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.