Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: what's my indy worth?
john_p_b

posted on 1/10/07 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
what's my indy worth?

never thought it would happen but thinking about selling my indy due to house purchase and my wedding looming ever closer.

trying to get a rough idea of what would be a realistic price to hope for should the worst come to the worst.

basic spec:
2003 chassis and body work, sva passed september 2005 registered on Q plate. covered just under 900 miles since build. british racing green GRP with yellow roll bar.

fully rebuilt 2.1 pinto, stage 1 head with kent fr31 cam, rebuilt weber dgav carb, bestek electronic ignition system fitted. custom made radiator, never suffered with over heating no matter how hot the day is since fitting this.

brand new front pads, discs and calipers at time of build. new brake shoes and wheel cylinders etc also used, protech shocks fitted, 3.92 diff.

OZ 15" super leggera alloys all in as new condition (only done probably 400 miles).

omp 300mm steering wheel on quick release hub. sabelt harnesses. momo gearknob. mk grp seats with seat pads. mk plastic interior panel set fitted with carbon look dashboard. full VDO clockset. all new switches used (no stalks on steering column). MK aeroscreen fitted. full set of racetech mirrors . 25 litre alloy fuel tank.

can't think of anything else, think the above just about lists ever part fitted to the car!

so then, rough values on the car are welcome folks. i'm hoping minimum of 5k? am i being realistic? owes me about that in parts alone!

look forward to your replies.

cheers
john

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

locoboy

posted on 1/10/07 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
i would guess at about 5700-6200 at this time of year.

If you can afford it i would wait until next spring to get the best price possible.

ATB
Locoboy

clockwork

posted on 1/10/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sell the cosworth.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

john_p_b

posted on 2/10/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clockwork
Sell the cosworth.

dancing on ice would be filmed in hell before i sold that.

a lot of thinking has been done and i'm still hoping to not sell either but basically it boils down to the fact that i've wanted the cosworth sinse i was a boy, years of looking at pictures and saving beer tokens and eventually i managed to buy one.

the mk on the other hand really came out of nowhere, always liked them and obviously after spending months building it and investing blood sweat and tears never mind money i am quite attached to it but i think i'd get over selling the mk sooner than selling the cosworth as really i can build another kit in a few years where as the cosworth i'd never find another like it.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.