posted on 4/10/07 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
mt75 to sierra diff prop

Has anyone got any info on mt75 to sierra diff prop with and without donut
any pics would be great regards smudger

big_wasa

posted on 4/10/07 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Im going Mt75 to capri live axle.

Mines on order from This place

They have on the shelf adapters to go from the 3 prong out put of the mt75 to a standard uj. The shaft will also need a sliding section

tim windmill

posted on 5/10/07 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got zetec to mt75 and sierra prop and diff, and i have kept the original donut. mk shortened my prop and works fine for me. you can buy an adapter that allows you to remove the donut and have a sliding uj joint, not as locost as first method. Sorry i have no pictures without dismantling my transmission tunel
saigonij

posted on 5/10/07 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
im in the same situation...

whats best, to keep the rubber donut, ot ditch it?

nludkin

posted on 5/10/07 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
I have kept the donut in mine and it has given me 500+ miles of trouble free motoring. And hopefully many more!!
Vindi_andy

posted on 5/10/07 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
according to the guys on the sierra forum I am on the only reason for the donut was for a smoother take up of power. Supposedly to make the ride smoother for the upper end sierras.

Considering it was hauling about 1 1/2 tons of car and your puling about 750KG or less I don't think there will be any detriment to removing it

smudger748s

posted on 5/10/07 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
prop mt75 to sierra diff

if the rubber donut is kept does the gearbox have to be exactly the same level as the diff regards smudger
Hammy360

posted on 11/12/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
prop on MT75

can anyone tell me how to remove the front propshaft on my 1990 sierra mt 75, everything im reading says it pulls apart.......... it doesnt!
po79

posted on 29/12/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

I used The Propshaft Clinic for mine. The new prop doesn't use the doughnut, instead I used the transit gearbox flange (four bolt) and the prop uses 3.5 tonne transit u/j's front and back.

However the rubber doughnut was for taking up the back lash so if you decide not to use it you should ask who ever builds your prop to use the prop tube that has another tube inside it bonded to the outer tube by rubber (sorry can't remember what they are called!).

These types of prop take up the back lash and protect your gears the same why as the rubber doughnut will.

AND it will make a difference as I didn't use it on my prop due to length + weight of my prop was at the safety limit using just steel tubing (fitted in a Vauxhall Viva) and it does not feel as smooth as cars with MT75 boxes and rubber bushed props of one sort or another.

Po79.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.