Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chopshop - London garage, what you think?
Scoob

posted on 8/10/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Chopshop - London garage, what you think?

As title really, what did you think of it?

I thought it was pretty good, gutting about the fire though.. did look pretty nice before that though lol

NeilP

posted on 8/10/07 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Brill prog

Crap outcome but you do wonder exactly how careful they were being with all the kit

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

indykid

posted on 8/10/07 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
it's like american hotrod, but with more abrasive characters and less skill.

i can't help thinking a lot of it's staged and if i owned one of those steel stockists, leepu'd be struggling to walk the amount of sheets he scrapped messing about seeing if they 'felt' right!

i'd much rather watch a program about the proper engineering they actually do behind the scenes on programmes like american hotrod. roy does far better metal bashing than leepu and gets a fiftieth of the airtime cos he doesn't prance about while he does it.

i guess i'll be watching the rest of the series though since my housemates seem to like it

just my 2 cents
tom

StevieB

posted on 9/10/07 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
I thought Chop Shop was good - I enjoyed Bangla Bangers just because of what they achieve with none of the fancy hardware. I thought Leepu's reaction to the fire was, well, a tad OTT.

There's an article in this months Top Gear mag about the show. Interesting to read that Leepu actually studied car design in California.

I think the current best programme is Wrecks to Riches USA (definately not the crappy UK version!). I can't stand American Hotrod because Boyd Coddington's a complete @rse.

DaveFJ

posted on 9/10/07 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
I think the current best programme is Wrecks to Riches USA (definately not the crappy UK version!). I can't stand American Hotrod because Boyd Coddington's a complete @rse.

to be fair though, wrecks to riches UK is a completely different program with a comp-letely different format. they can't really be compared and i like them both for different reasons. Although i prefer the UK program because it is actually relevant to me and my kind of budget and tries to actually show real world repairs rather than massive overhauls costing MANY MANY thousands of dollars.....

And yes, BC is a complete @rse!

haven't seen the new chop shop programme yet but loved banla Bangers so am looking forward to it.

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.