Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap alloys+tyres at Halfords
clockwork

posted on 20/10/07 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap alloys+tyres at Halfords

£199 Tyre: 195 x 50 x 15 PCD: 4x100/4x108 Offset: 38mm
Not for me, but maybe handy for someone. At the most you'll be paying £50 a corner.
If any of you quidco you'll get 4% off that price as well (£48 a corner).

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

gordon

posted on 20/10/07 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
hi mate

went to hallfords yesterday bought my self the 15 player alloys for £199.99 with fitting kit bargain.

hobbsy

posted on 20/10/07 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be interested to know what tyres come on these and how much they weigh (wheel plus tyre) each corner (easy checked with weighing scales with yourself on as well to increase accuracy)
martyn_16v

posted on 28/10/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
For christs sake don't order them online, they're a bunch of useless halfwits. I tried to place an order last week, got an email a couple of days later from them asking to email my previous addresses and any other information that might help them determine where I live. If it wasn't for the fact that it actually had the right order number on it I would have dismissed it as spam as it was that badly written. So, on phoning them up (from the number on the Halfords website, not the email ) they confirmed that yes, they did want to know where I used to live as 192.com don't have my details at my current address. Cue me arguing with bloke on the phone about how I have never had to supply this information for any other transaction I have made, online or not, and that I don't care if he says it's 'for my protection' I'm not comfortable giving them it. So I cancelled the order.

After a little trawl around the web I couldn't find anywhere that had the same wheels anywhere near as cheap, so I grudgingly went down to my local store today to order them, hoping they'd make slightly less of a hash of it all. And lo and behold, not only did I manage to get the only staff member I've ever met there that actually seemed to know what he was doing, when he put in the fitment details it came up with a 'special price' £50 less than the displayed price. So, I've just paid £389 for a set of Pro Race 1.2's, which is nice. Here's hoping the order goes through smoothly this time....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.