Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which helmet?
coozer

posted on 21/10/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Which helmet?

I'm after a new crash helmet that I can use in the car and on my 100cc scooter.

Before I get a helmet can anyone recommend a one for biking and that is OK for use in the car?

Just asking as I am a 20+ biker I will be looking in the bike shops for a lid but is there a lid that will be suitable for both?

Regards,
Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

stuart_g

posted on 21/10/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
I would think that any full faced lid would be ok for bike and car, make sure it has gold safety stickers though.
Dazza

posted on 21/10/07 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
cost

the best way to look at it is......

whats the price of your head?

spend as much as you can realistically afford...

shoei etc are the better, but start at £100 upwards for something good. my last lid cost £300, but thats on 600cc bikes.

something about £80 should be ok, but as stated before, any bike lid you can use in the car, but not the other way around really....

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

StevieB

posted on 21/10/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've always worked on the basis that I'll spend more on my personal protection than on the actual bike itself if need be.

I can always get another bike, but my head might not be in stock any more!

Scoob

posted on 21/10/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a nitro racing n1200vr ( I think thats what is, cba to look at the model lol) And i use it when im on the back on my dads bike, really lightweight and good. Not that noisy either when it comes to the wind. Cost £100 at a bike show though.
Stott

posted on 21/10/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a Shoei XR1000 Haydon replica, ACU gold and 1350grms. It has fantastic vents and demisting and also stabilisers although slight 'head bobble' above 120 ish is I think unavoidable with any lid, as it is with this, even came with a pinlock anti fog visor insert too. The visor has quick release and fit - 2secs on or off max, and having a full wrap visor instead of arai and suomy types with the side plates, its very quiet.

Its absolutely the best lid I've ever had, expensive yes, but luckily I bought it when the new colours had just come out, I'm 'so last season' , a blessing really as I scored £100 discount, so if you're looking for something snazzy go shopping when they bring the '08 lids out.

The most important thing is that it fits though, Suomys and Arais don't fit me at all, Shoeis do, be sure to test it won't pull up and over your head too much when tugging at the chin bar with the strap done up and make sure it cannot twist on your head very much (not a lot at all) and your cheeks are supposed to look all squashed up, if you look normal it's too loose.

New helmets do bed in after a while, for instance in the cheek areas but that's only the padding, if there's a part of the inner shell that presses on you a little, it'll always press on you a little, until you get so annoyed you flog it in adtrader for a fraction of its worth and go out and buy a shoei, not that I'd know................................

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.