Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pipex Broadband any good?
marco

posted on 30/10/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Pipex Broadband any good?

Finally coming to the end of my contract with Talk Talk which has felt like a life sentence..

And as they havn't delivered (as promised) an upto 8mb service I'm shopping around..

Is anyone with Pipex and what do you think of them or is there any other supplier who do a broadband and phone line bundle for good value...

coozer

posted on 30/10/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
NEGATIVE!! Don't go there!

I am coming up to the end of my Pipex contract and Its been totally rubbish.

Slow speeds, dropping out and when I complained (bitterly) they said it was my fault!

In the year I've been with them I've always been connected through a Tiscali server.

I'm off to 16mb Sky in a months time

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Benzine

posted on 30/10/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Demon ftw.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 30/10/07 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I think I heard that pipex had been bought by tiscali recently, maybe someone can confirm this or maybe I've got it completely wrong...

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 30/10/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Been using Pipex for about 18 months - not aware of any server downtime during that period. Billing is all done online & is clear & concise - not like a BT bill!!!

I have 3 teenage kids & the "free" anytime phone calls you get with the dearer packages are well worth the money, we only pay for calls to mobiles & those annoying 0870 no's now. Also the "no download limits" for the same reasons. No idea how it compares now with the opposition but was certainly competitive when we got it. Whether you'll get 8mb depends not on the provider but on how far from the exchange you are in most cases - I only get (& pay for) a 2mb service.HTH

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
rgrs

posted on 30/10/07 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've been with pipex for over 3 years now and have no issues with the sevice, but one thing to note is i am also on a 2meg link not the variable speed service. I have several clients with demon but they are on >8meg links but they are having problems with slow response times.
Roger

geoff shep

posted on 30/10/07 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Have been with pipex for a couple of years - the speed and reliability have been good but the customer service has been c**p. I have just had a reply to a question in which I included their previous reply. It is exactly the same cut-and-paste wording as their first reply - and it doesn't answer my question - again!

Girlfriend has recently gone with virgin broadband and phone package which so far seems fine.

joneh

posted on 30/10/07 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
If its anything like their web hosting forget it. And yes Tiscali bought pipex.

mitch2b

posted on 30/10/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
connections been okay after first month or so
but customer services complete crap, took five months to sort out a billing problem.
i have phone and BB they did reduce to £25 a month (inc line rental inc all calls, which helped, but when my contracts up im outta here, (unless the reduce i to somthing i cant refuse)

Mitch
should have stayed with AOL

v8kid

posted on 30/10/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Pipex connection has been good for me and the charges are clear and up front. Speed is Sh**e (0.5) but that comes from living way out in the Sticks - down to BT or whatever they call themselves now.
marco

posted on 30/10/07 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
So it seems to be a mixture of ok/not bad to don't bother going there.
I think I will have a shop around, but I do want to have the broadband and the phone with one company if possible...

clockwork

posted on 30/10/07 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
This any use to you?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html

Afraid I have never heard a glowing review of any of the cheaper providers...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

watsonpj

posted on 31/10/07 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
Was with Pipex for about 5 years up til last year and couldn't fault the service all except for the last 6 months with them the customer service went down hill, but connection was always good.

Now with talktalk who have been average but cheap

britishtrident

posted on 31/10/07 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
Pipex's reputation has sank a lot over the last year or so try Plusnet (really BT ) for excellent VFM and service.

BE has also been faultless on my other line and are ADSL2 --- double speed of normal ADSL

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.