Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alpha-n maps+tunning
mr zefect

posted on 3/11/07 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Alpha-n maps+tunning

Has any one got a alpha-n msq that i can tinker with i am running speed dence at the mo and and engine pulls hard and strong but i still think it could be better and looking at other people they all seem to be going over to alpha-n and can any one tell me if it is harder to tune than s/d by the way im using a stock silver top zetec with mild skimmed and ported head 370cc injectors gsxr750 tbs edis4 lc1 wide band and codes 2.25p1 and ms1 extra 029y4. If any one can help me please with a starter msq my email is cummings30@tiscali.co.uk

Simon

posted on 3/11/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Z,

Sorry, can't help, just had to say I like the car though

ATB

Simon

MkIndy7

posted on 3/11/07 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
MAP is supposedly the best way to tune as it has a better indication of engine load.

The reason most are going onto Alpha-N (using the TPS) is that bike TB's don't tend to give a very good range of MAP to tune with as there is little or no restriction on the inlet and a the throttle butterflys open very quickly.

We wanted to tune with MAP but the Range of MAP was terrible, the differential between foot to the floor or cruising was tiny, only engine over-run show'd much if any MAP. So it was quick and pulled well but had terrible economy as it was fuelling the same if you had your foot to the floor or cruising in 5th gear.

rf900rush

posted on 3/11/07 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I was unable to use Map control on my MS (BEC).
Bike engines also have large overlap valve timing which make things worse.

I was told to try the Hybrid Alphn-N/map option.
This is I guess some were between.
But I think a rolling road tunning session is needed for mine.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.