Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what fuel pump for injection zetec??
mongrelwestie

posted on 15/11/07 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
what fuel pump for injection zetec??

can anyone tell me what good value for money (not cheap) fuel pump i can fit to my injection 2.0 zetec??
Duncan_P

posted on 15/11/07 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
This would depend on what injectors and bhp ( and hence what fuel rail pressure) your planning on running.

If your using a stock system then this usually runs at 3 bar which I believe is fairly common on most injection systems at the moment (cars and bikes). So you will need a pump that is capable of running at this pressure whilst supplying the amount of fuel you need.

Im using a bosch fuel pump originally from a jag (if i remember rightly) for my zetec setup which should be fine until i win the lottery and can buy a silly engine.

mongrelwestie

posted on 15/11/07 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
its going to run about 175 i think, and its going to be on stock injectors, so in theory could i usea mondeo fuel pump?
mongrelwestie

posted on 15/11/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
scrap that its in tank i need out of tank
martyn_16v

posted on 15/11/07 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
I've just got a Vauxhall pump off a calibra for mine. Apparently most early 90's vauxhalls have the nice external pumps, but I had to look on about 7 of them before I found one.

I had been planning to use a mk2 golf GTI pump that I've got kicking about. In the end I decided that the 'swirl tank' thing it comes mounted in needs to be below the level of the tank to ensure it can't ever run dry, which would put it well in harms way, so that idea got scrapped. If you have a bit of room under your tank it'd be a nice solution though, i'm pretty sure I've heard of a few Westy people using them

Duncan_P

posted on 15/11/07 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Vauxhaull pump is a good call, if you do a search on here you should be able to find a few Bosch part no's

Then you can cross reference with here and you should come up with lots of alternatives for donors. I have gota head out for a minute but when i get back ill try and dig up the part number on mine

Duncan_P

posted on 15/11/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
I have got one of these ones

which you can buy a chinese copy of like this one

Or buy a new one the Bosch part number is: 0 580 463 010

(which is pretty much identical to a lot of other bosch fuel pumps with the same id but ending in 01?)

If you want to get a second hand unit the the best thing to do would be to have a look on the qha site which is here and look look at the online catalogue.

The QHA part number is: QFP603

This will give you a list of all the cars with the same fuel pump. I cant really list it here as its rather long

[Edited on 15/11/07 by Duncan_P]

mongrelwestie

posted on 16/11/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for that the one on ebay looks like the one for me, if it can do a jag it will do my mondingos engine!
RichB

posted on 16/11/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
I got a Sytec one off ebay - don't know if it's right yet though!

Rich

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.