Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: quite a lot really
triumphdave

posted on 18/11/07 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
quite a lot really

O.K I am after a few bits for my c20xe install,
Pick up pipe steady bracket (any cond urgent)
swirl pot
high pressure fuel pump to supply approx 200bhp
Gsxr 1000 TB's (respaceable k1-k3)
filters,fuel pipe
crankshaft pulley bolt socket(torx type)
electrical connectors for water oil senders (secondhand o.k if some wire is attached)
rubber hose that connects the back of the waterpump to the plastic water rail(has another outlet I think goes to the manifold or maybe the rad?)
sure there is a few other bits I have forgot I can add later.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 18/11/07 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
cant help with your requested stuff bu I have 2 manta 1.8 gearboxes if you your interested

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

triumphdave

posted on 18/11/07 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
cant help with your requested stuff bu I have 2 manta 1.8 gearboxes if you your interested

Thanks but i have just bought a bellhousing for my type 9

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

jollygreengiant

posted on 18/11/07 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
If my memory serves me right, the front pulley bolt (according to Vauxhall) is a use once ONLY bolt. So just use a normal 6 point socket (yes contrary to common belief they do fit but I can't remember what size it is, ie metric or imperial). old bolt out new bolt in. JD.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

MkIndy7

posted on 18/11/07 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
If my memory serves me right, the front pulley bolt (according to Vauxhall) is a use once ONLY bolt. So just use a normal 6 point socket (yes contrary to common belief they do fit but I can't remember what size it is, ie metric or imperial). old bolt out new bolt in. JD.

The correct socket for the bolt head is an E20, And its BLOODY TIGHT!.

When I changed the timing belt on my car I was told by the Vx dealer that they were no longer avilable! but I did manage to get a Thread size out of them but either no length or pitch to replace it with something like a nigh tensile allen bolt as I couldn't think of anything else to use.

The fuel pump that came on the Xe engined car is pretty capable and is an external free standing one.

I'm pretty sure normal crimp connectors can be used on the water temp senders, an uninsulated female blade crimp 90 deg on to normal does for the 1 thats like a T shape at 90 deg to the block.

chriscook

posted on 20/11/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Have just rescued the bit of rubber hose out of the bin I might have a spare a oil pickup pipe bracket too.

I'll stick them in the post if you u2u me your details - just send a few quid to children in need in lieu of postage.

Chris

triumphdave

posted on 21/11/07 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscook
Have just rescued the bit of rubber hose out of the bin I might have a spare a oil pickup pipe bracket too.

I'll stick them in the post if you u2u me your details - just send a few quid to children in need in lieu of postage.

Chris

That brilliant thanks a lot chris you have u2u

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.