Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: whats the typical weight of an Indy??
siert

posted on 5/10/03 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
whats the typical weight of an Indy??

Just curious to know what the typical weights are for the INDY with all the different types of engines available.
mine weighs in at 562 kg without me but with a full tank.Engine is a zetec 1.8 and the car is built for race use only with alightweight chassis.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
progers

posted on 5/10/03 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Siert,

I have an MK Indy with an R1 engine in it. At the SVA test with a full tank of fuel it was around 450kgs. Just goes to show how lardy "normal" engine and gearbox combinations are...

Another weight saving tip is to get rid of the huge lumps of iron that are Sierra front calipers. Wheel/tyre combinations can also make a big difference.

Cheers

Paul

speedthing

posted on 6/10/03 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
anybody know how heavy the indy is
with the 2.0l pinto

RichyMkIndy

posted on 6/10/03 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
i would like to knw othat too speedthing, except mine will be slightly lights being bored to 2.1
CairB

posted on 6/10/03 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
My 2.0 pintoed Indy weighed 600kgs at SVA, full of fuel, without me and 'arf the EFIlump
siert

posted on 7/10/03 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
anyone out there with a RX7 engine???
what does that combination weigh?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 11/10/03 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was told about 620kg for a pinto Indy. Judging by this post it should be a bit less...or in my case more (Lardy Arse!)

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.