Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PDA suggestions
Dangle_kt

posted on 7/12/07 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
PDA suggestions

I've changed jobs a few months ago, used to use calander on outlook for everything as I was office based, now I'm driving so much of the time I use a paper diary.

My "to do" list doesn't fit on one page and I have a number of longer term objectives on there vs. more pressing short term jobs which makes it difficult to keep on top of.

I was wondering what success people have had using PDA's?

My laptop is locked down so can't sync between the two, plus laptop takes 7 mins to boot up so is next to useless.

I want one that has very good scheduling software, to do list, reminders and importantly a voice recorder so I can record ideas whilst driving.

Does not need to be a phone - in fact i'd prefer if it wasn't as IT dont support remote access of emails etc.

Comments chaps please

jwallbank

posted on 7/12/07 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
PDA Suggestions

Hi,
I use an iPaq rx3715 & found it excellent. Seems to have what you need plus a camera, WiFi and bluetooth. So you can keep track of your project and take photos for posting at the same time! Just seen one on ebay ending in an hour or so, item 130180064443, gives fair amount of detail in the spec.

John W

Dangle_kt

posted on 7/12/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwallbank
Hi,
I use an iPaq rx3715 & found it excellent. Seems to have what you need plus a camera, WiFi and bluetooth. So you can keep track of your project and take photos for posting at the same time! Just seen one on ebay ending in an hour or so, item 130180064443, gives fair amount of detail in the spec.

John W

Thanks

What is the to do list software like on it?

jwallbank

posted on 7/12/07 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
PDA Suggstions

Allows you to set up and edit tasks and set priority, categories, status, start date, due date & reminders. Its windows based so its basically the same as you see in Tasks in Outlook.
Ivan

posted on 7/12/07 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I have iPAQ 1695, the keyboard is pretty unfriendly but the GPS works great particularly the writting of location to photograph. And cell phone and internet work fine - just a bit bulky.

Usefull for checking emails as well.

So - in my opinion don't sacrafice screen size for keypad.

Planning software works OK.

jos

posted on 7/12/07 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using an htc unit which is badged as oranges tytn 2. My first pda was an ipaq but since then i've used imate/htc units badged as other things instead of the ipaq as you can get them so cheap on a mobile phone contract and also get them updated every 12/18 months. Also as they are windows mobile based its basically a cut down version of outlook.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

goodguydrew

posted on 7/12/07 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
PDA

I know they are old technology, but l love my HP Jornada 720. It has a 3/4 size keyboard and alot of good supporting fortware. Search for some online reviews and see for yourself.
goodguydrew

posted on 7/12/07 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
PS I read this forum and sent the reply on it. I have a Nokia D211 WLAN / GPRS card in it's PCMCIA slot.
They are quite cheap on eBay. It'shaving the keyboard that makes it so usable.

dave1888

posted on 7/12/07 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I used an O2 orbit for a while and found it a great piece of kit. Phone,pda and tomtom all in one neat little package.
andyps

posted on 14/12/07 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
I have had a Dell x50v for about 3 years now and am still pleased with it, Syncs really easily with Outlook for all recent emails and covers tasks and appointments well. It also doubles up as an ipod substitute with the 8gb c/f card I have in it.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.