Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: crossflow engine mounts - is this right?
02GF74

posted on 18/12/07 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
crossflow engine mounts - is this right?

are those bobbins right? Looks like they have been fitted to the mounts, from memory mine have square rubber blocks "stuck" onto the metal without a bolt.

So anyone use a set up like this? And wher can one buy those bobbins?

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/12/07 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
there's many different types and styles, though those look about twice as big as normal. The bolts are like that i.e. welded to the bracket, as the bobbins as you call them just screw in and if you like big boobins try the transit ones, their fab

[Edited on 18/12/07 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieW

posted on 18/12/07 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
When I bought my crossflow it came with a set the same as your photo bar that little strip of metal on the far right of your photo. I saw the car it came out of too so it wasn't a case of buying a mixed lot of odds and ends.

Looks right to me.

Canada EH!

posted on 18/12/07 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
crossflow engine mounts-is this right

They look like the ones I am using on my 4AGE, engine and transmission. Volvo 122 , used the same ones on tin top Datsun 1200 race car 36 races no problems, (four championships too)
TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 18/12/07 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
They look like crossflow mountings with cortina rubbers. The crossflow rubber bit is square but they should work ok but the rubber looks longer. The bobbins are the same as land over defenders.

Crossflow standard ones look like this

This is my mountings with cortina bobbins.

[Edited on 18/12/07 by TGR-ECOSSE]

davidosullivan

posted on 18/12/07 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've been asking a lot of questions on engine mounts of late. They look identical to those off my capri. I tried to buy replacement ones and the factors only sell stuff from the last 10 years. You'd have to go to Ford to get new, or find a new car with the same Rubber.

Mine had those metal mounts and the rubbers and a cross member that went underneeth the whole engine.

You'll probably (like me) need to make a mount to match up to those that you have. at which point you might want to make the whole thing again, theres loads of threads on this and lots of photos in archives (not mine yet ;p) edit>>>> just like the one above! ^^

Hope that helps

D

[Edited on 18/12/07 by davidosullivan]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.