Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ouch
r1_pete

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Ouch

Just fetched the car back from its 50K service & MOT, £1150, I could just about cope with the £600 service bill but £550 for a pair of back shocks and a set of front pads, and that was at 15% discount.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark G

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Thats almost 3 times what I paid for my daily driver!

tjoh84

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
what the hell u driving
r1_pete

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
IS300 Lexy, main agent too.
Apparently Timing belt is a biggy, but the shocks and pads I could have done myself for less than a ton - maybe I should have braved the cold instead of wimping out.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tjoh84

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
ow nice only got out in one of them once and took traction controll off in rain was great fun
blue2cv

posted on 3/1/08 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
My IS200 doesnt go near a main dealer anymore, they failed to find a blown fuse on the towing electrics on 2 occasions, they're " expert technician" insisted it needed a new flasher unit to stop the ind flashing fast, despite the fact there was no output from any circuit on the 7 pin socket, ended up doing it myself, just had to find where they had hidden the bugger. Cambelt was a piece of cake to do too. Love the car, sometimes i'm allowed to drive it, when i can prise it out swmbo hands.
Simon

posted on 3/1/08 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
I heard years ago that Lexus were a rip off for servicing. Bloke I used to work with's uncle had his done, and more or less told the dealer to keep the car.

ATB

Simon

falcor

posted on 3/1/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Replacing the shocks at 50k? that's very early...sound like it should be done on warranty or goodwill...?
wilkingj

posted on 3/1/08 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
OUCH... nearly 5 times my daily driver... my 1.1 Fiesta from Ebay

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

COREdevelopments

posted on 3/1/08 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
wow thats steep. didnt they give you an indication of cost to start with? i work in a toyota dealer and we have to contact the customer first of any extra costs.
also is a bit early for shocks, how bad were they? probably a slight damp patch or something silly.
still a great car though.

r1_pete

posted on 3/1/08 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
They kept me informed for any extras, like shocks and pads, can't really complain about the service I get.
I wanted to maintain a full lexus service history, but wondering now if it isn't worth doing more myself, from the responses here that doesn't seem too adventurous, it just looks daunting when you lift the bonnet. Glad the mgb & zetec will be a lot simpler.

COREdevelopments

posted on 3/1/08 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
aint worked on an is300 but have done on is200, aint that bad, could be alot worse, like french!! then you got problems. if you got the cash to spend a main dealer is the way i would go,
btw how much was the labour p/hr?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.