Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Seat Bulkhead
SALAD

posted on 13/1/08 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Seat Bulkhead

Does this panel come bent at the top and bottom for the chassis rails?
I am making that bit at the mo and was wondering if, as part of the kit, it comes with bends or would it be a case of just cutting the holes for the handbrake cables, getting it as close as possible then fixing it in place?

It's proving to be a tricky piece to fit due to all the different angles, levels and welds involved in that area.
However, I am probably making it more difficult than it needs to be!

flak monkey

posted on 13/1/08 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
It is a bit of a pain to fit. AFAIK the one in the kit is supplied flat and needs trimming too. I made my own.

You will need to put a bit of a bend in top and bottom and nibble some odd bits out to clear the various welds in the area. As for the bot around the handbrake cables, it depends what you are going to do for the tunnel top. I wouldnt worry about the cut outs being too neat as the tunnel top will have to rise up to cover the cables at the back anyway.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

kev R1

posted on 13/1/08 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
i'm pretty sure it's just fla with cutouts. i'm doin this next week so post some pics to show how you get on, i'm going to make a template first,shouldn;t be too difficult!
SALAD

posted on 13/1/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps.
That's what I thought MonkeyMan, I was hoping you would say you did it without bends as my 2mm structual grade ali is rather stubborn!
Even with a template it has proven awkward. I will just have to bite the bullet and give it a go.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.