Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Elise/Exige/VX220 dash
jammy_basturd

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Elise/Exige/VX220 dash

Hey, has anyone had the above dash working in something that doesn't use the Elise sensors and/or wiring loom? I've been doing a bit of a research on an Elise forum and apparently the dash gets its signals through packets sent from the CANBus, much like how internet data is sent in packets through networks.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had got one working without using this CANBus system?

rayward

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
the mk1 elise dash made by stack(k series engined) can be made to work standalone, the later ones made by shurlock are not suitable.

the later ones have 2 connectors on the back, the earlier types only have 1 connector

hth

Ray

tegwin

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
If it is, like you say, a CAN-BUS dash module, then yes you can get it to work, there are various methods of doing it...

If you are using one of the more expensive custom ECUs for your engine, I believe it is possible to include a CAN-Bus feed to your clocks.

The other method (And one which I am trying to perfect) is to use a CAN-bus emulator.

The one I am designing takes analogue inputs and converts them into a serial signal that the clocks understand...

Hammerhead

posted on 17/1/08 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
I have one to fit but i'm using the elise wiring loom and elise engine ecu fuel sender etc. So hopefully it will slot together ok. I have pin out diagrams if you need them.

scootz

posted on 17/1/08 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
I have a brand spanking new Shurlock type one for sale at £149 if anyone is interested!
jammy_basturd

posted on 17/1/08 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ooo, cool. Thats a much better response than I got on the Elise forum, who basically said I needed the CANBus to make it work.

It was the Stack dash I was interested in, mainly because I'm a label whore and it'll give me more pub points!

Its actually to go in a classic Mini (I know this isn't a classic Mini forum, but thought that this would be more your sort of domain). So no ECU, I was going to use a Hall sensor on the rear hub, and then all the other normal Mini sensors...

chriscook

posted on 20/1/08 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a shurlock type one with two connectors on the back working just fine in my Phoenix. One of the connectors but I suspect - and this is pure speculation - that it sends out canBUS information. Mine certainly doesn't need anything connected for it to work.
DavidW

posted on 22/1/08 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscook
I've got a shurlock type one with two connectors on the back working just fine in my Phoenix. One of the connectors but I suspect - and this is pure speculation - that it sends out canBUS information. Mine certainly doesn't need anything connected for it to work.

When you say working do you mean you got all the lights and things to work?

chriscook

posted on 24/1/08 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes.
DavidW

posted on 24/1/08 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscook
Yes.

That's impressive. Now I'm jealous. Any tips on how to get it working?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.