Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: bullet cams
bob tatt

posted on 27/1/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
bullet cams

now that the track day season is aproaching thought i would try catch some of my better spins and lock ups on camera only trouble been i know nothing about these set ups need some advice after something in colour with decent wind resistant mike any one had experience of these dont know where to start looking bit dubiouse of stuff like this from ebay always seeems to cheap to give good results cheers in advance
Jubal

posted on 27/1/08 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Here's some footage from Friday taken with my bullet cam. After much experimentation (and time wasted) I have ended up with a standard bullet cam (520) attached via AV in to a standard DV camera. The results speak for themselves. Do bear in mind it's heavily compressed for youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK1JrFciZuc

jos

posted on 27/1/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ive used 4KAM's Action Ready Package (ARP) and like the results from that

www.4kam.co.uk

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

bimbleuk

posted on 27/1/08 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Same as above I use a Sony bullet camera via the AV in to a Sony DV camcorder. As mine is mostly used on a Radical I use a low sensitivity mic. Has been robust enough to last two seasons so far. Oh the Sony DV is in a foam lined box otherwise the vibrations will quickly break it!

Bullet camera demo lap of Combe

Again the video is compressed by You Tube and the Sony bullet camera is an older design so suffers more in variable light.

[Edited on 27/1/08 by bimbleuk]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 27/1/08 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jubal
Here's some footage from Friday taken with my bullet cam. After much experimentation (and time wasted) I have ended up with a standard bullet cam (520) attached via AV in to a standard DV camera. The results speak for themselves. Do bear in mind it's heavily compressed for youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK1JrFciZuc

Thats got to be Chris Masons old sprint R,looks like he will need a few more hours behind the wheel before he gets to grips it

grub

posted on 27/1/08 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
sprint r

i thought it was kev driving he likes going round and round
Jubal

posted on 27/1/08 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
A guy I know bought Chris' car. That was an early session on his very first drive of the car on track and yeah, there's a lot to learn, bike engine, flappy change, mid engine, slicks etc. Should keep him busy for a year or two!
bob tatt

posted on 28/1/08 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for asll the help decided to go down the route of camera with av input now mic what sort and where from ?
Boney

posted on 26/3/08 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I run bullet cam into an archos MP4 player, can get archos off ebay fairly cheap with 80gb drive

Boney

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.