Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike carbs
jacko

posted on 27/1/08 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
Bike carbs

HI all can any one tell me which bike carbs you can split to make them wider+ i want to put two more in line to make 6 in all
ie zx9r / r1 / zzr 1100 / etc
thanks Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 27/1/08 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Or 2 sets of Triumph tripples maybe?

Presumably if they were a 1,000cc tripples each individual carb/Tb would be larger as well.

jacko

posted on 27/1/08 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
NOw thats what i like about this site
i did not think of then there for a skyline engine

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cryoman1965

posted on 27/1/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
zx6,zx7 zx9, GSXR600 srad. zzr range
big_wasa

posted on 27/1/08 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
fire blade
MkIndy7

posted on 27/1/08 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Here's 1 pair going shortly on Ebay: Speed Tripple 750 carbs

They look like they could be split, but as with the others would need a new fuel rail.

I thought they might be cheeper as well, not being as in demand as the 4 cylinder ones.

jacko

posted on 27/1/08 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkIndy7
Here's 1 pair going shortly on Ebay: Speed Tripple 750 carbs

They look like they could be split, but as with the others would need a new fuel rail.
I thought they might be cheeper as well, not being as in demand as the 4 cylinder ones.

Just had a look thanks
Graham

cryoman1965

posted on 27/1/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with triple sets of carbs is they are more difficult to join together and use as one unit operated by one throttle control for the 6 carbs as there is no linkage between the sets of carbs.

With a quad set you would dispose of 2 x carbs. One each from apposing ends and the linkage is there to operate as one complete unit.

As for a fuel rail you could contact keith2lp from this site regads respacing with custom parts and a new rail.

You can get half descent quads for £25-£30 inc p&p

HTH

Nige

[Edited on 27/1/08 by cryoman1965]

MkIndy7

posted on 27/1/08 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Just thought now, you might not have to split them if its 2 pairs of 3, you might be able to make up the spacings on the manifold itself if its close enough.
cryoman1965

posted on 27/1/08 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
The problem maybe balancing the two sets to operate at the same time and with the same amount of butterfly movement.

I spent nearly a year making SS inlet manifolds for bike carbs aswell as respacing them with cusstom machined parts. This was something we looked at for someone in Kent. The simplest way for a straight 6 is to modifie 2 sets of 4 as all the linkage was there.

IMHO 2 sets of 4 would be much easier.

Nige

[Edited on 27/1/08 by cryoman1965]

jacko

posted on 27/1/08 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thankyou for the info .
My son and I have only just started this project so a long time before we will need the carbs we got the front suspension / engine x member in place today ready to bolt in
Jacko

jacko

posted on 27/1/08 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
I have just had a look at Bogg Brothers web and on gallery 4 there is a inlet manifold for a straight 6 Aston martin + carbs I think the carbs are r1 can any one tell me if i am right
Jacko

MkIndy7

posted on 27/1/08 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
This is probably going to sound a daft question.. but what happened to whatever was on the car as standard?

Would it not be worth keeping that and running a Megasquirt on it?... you could be really silly and keep the turbo too

jacko

posted on 28/1/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkIndy7
This is probably going to sound a daft question.. but what happened to whatever was on the car as standard?

Would it not be worth keeping that and running a Megasquirt on it?... you could be really silly and keep the turbo too

HI ha ha we have 2 engines 1 with a turbo and the other with out any thing it was bought with out of ebay
one may end up in the indy you never know
Jacko

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.