Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: goodwood FoS
pif

posted on 2/2/08 at 01:40 AM Reply With Quote
goodwood FoS

thinking of going this year. first time ever.

do i get a grandstand seat? or just a admission ticket @£75 less

5 blokes hoping to camp somewhere

is there enough to warrant 3 full days.

whats not to be missed?

if we do get some grandstand seats, which are best
http://media.goodwood.co.uk/FOS/Interactive_Map/fosmap_flash.html

thanks

pif

been a bit of a rush job really, bodged it all together in just 5 1/2 years.

Rob Palin

posted on 2/2/08 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
I went a few years ago and actually didn't like it very much. Plenty of other people rave about it though so maybe it was just me.

There are some great sights to see and it is very informal, but the flipside of that is that the timetalble is only a very rough guide,and so we missed loads of cool stuff because it happened at the wrong time.

I would definitely recommend a grandstand seat. When I went there were only a couple of them and so you had to be the first in line at the side of the track (or very tall) to get a decent view. I don't think it matters so much which one, as something happens everywhere.

iiyama

posted on 2/2/08 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
FoS is a good day out, but too expensive in my opinion. However the Revival meet is a fab wekend. Great cars, fantastic racing and very informal. Great fun if you go in period dress too!!!

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

John Bonnett

posted on 2/2/08 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I'll second that. The Revival Meeting is absolutely fantastic and that's the one I'd go for.

John

short track 123

posted on 2/2/08 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
If you are into old race cars and bikes and a few new ones it is well worth it.

Warning Here Comes The Bobble Hat Part

Cars like the Penske PC26 Paul Tracy's 1997 Indy cart

Ayrton Senna's 1986 Lotus Type 98T F1 Car and loads more.

And these chaps were not just showing these cars they were using them in anger

If you like this sort of thing you will love it.
You don't see these things running much but when you do....... Wow

quote:

so you had to be the first in line at the side of the track (or very tall) to get a decent view.

This can be a bit of a problem but it does make for a costly week end if you start to add on the extras.

Bobble Hat Part Over

Jason

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
russbost

posted on 2/2/08 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
There is plenty for 3 days entertainment. Don't miss the rally section, good even if the weathers cr*p. F1 paddock is best visited Fri when it's quieter. If you're doing 2 or 3 days you don't need a grandstand seat there are some reasonable free stands up the hill, get yourself a place early if there's a section of cras you don't want to miss going up the hill. You will not find anywhere else where drivers are as available or as friendly. I've seen & chatted to in some cases DC JB Jacky Ickx, Richard Petty, Jochen Mass, & loads of others. You might even get to bump into me - now what a thrill that would be!!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
spaximus

posted on 2/2/08 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
There is plenty to see and personally I would always recommend getting a grandstand seat for at least one day. That way even if it is raining you will see some action as when it rains on the free stands every dimwit puts up a huge umberella and no one except the front row can see anything.
As for camping there are several sites but I would resist the on grounds site as it is just s field and over flowing toilets.
Best bet is around Bognor easy journey in and plenty of places to eat.

nitram38

posted on 2/2/08 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
My mum lives in bognor, so accomodation is sorted for me!
We went on the Fri last year, with the free tickets from the telegraph.(someone on here kindly sent me)
Still a good day out. Got to see a Red Bull F1 car doing donuts just before the bridge.
They was also a guy from the states doing tricks on his bike, like you wouldn't believe.
Parking is in uneven muddy fields so I definitely recommend taking the tintop.

Fred W B

posted on 2/2/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
when I went I did all three days, basically one checking out all the car paddocks, one looking round the stalls and the rally stage and the last day sat in the stand on the straight opposite the FI paddock - Would reccomend that as you can see the F1's arrive and leave and the bikes do wheelies on that straight.

Another tip - someone put me onto cheap accomadation at the Chicester universty.
Get a slap up breakfast thrown in as well. I got a taxi to pick me up each morning , so can go down the open taxi access routes to get in easy. In evening took shuttle bus back to chicester centre for pub meal and taxi back

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

bob

posted on 2/2/08 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
FOS

Friday gets my vote, its a bit quieter as kids are at school. The weekend is manic especially sunday, i've done all days seperate and all weekend and i enjoy just the friday most.

If you have never been before it does help if accompanied by others who have, its a BIG show with plenty of trade stands as well as top end manufacturers showing off there cars.

As said earlier rally section is worth a look, only problem is its at the top of the hill and a fair walk so best done ealier than later (tractor trailer takes you final 1/4 mile ish) and the supercar section is allways good. If wanting F1 and pits best to get in early, i'm normally there before 07.00 so get some pics of the cars being unloaded with the rest of the anoraks.

I enjoy it as long as the weathers good, BUT i must admit the revival in september is far better with real action on the track.

Camped on site before but they want weekend ticket holders only now and the camping was expensive for the facilities you get, found a better campsite in Pagham down the road "southern leasure" only a short drive away.

Plenty of B+B's in chichester.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.