Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zx9r wiring dilema part two
roadrunner

posted on 3/2/08 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
zx9r wiring dilema part two

Now that i have sorted my headlamp problem i still have no spark , i have tested the voltage at various places across the loom and all seems ok, i even have voltage at both wires leading into each coil stick, has anyone any ideas, am i supposed to have a voltage at both wires leading into the coils, or does it mean something else is wrong.
Thanks Brad.

Mark G

posted on 3/2/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
have you remembered to earth your engine to the chassis?

roadrunner

posted on 3/2/08 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thought of that, and yes it seems to be a good earth.

cossiebri

posted on 3/2/08 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Brad try this, with the ign on disconnect the smaller plug off the ecu (To coil packs)then reconnect and try and start. This is what i had to do when i had the same symptoms as your descibing

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

bigrich

posted on 3/2/08 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
if the wires are attached to the coils then both sides will show voltage but if the wires are disconnected from the coils and are both still live you have a problem.
It sounds as though the ecu is not switching the coils on and off which could be a anti hot wire(grey wire 100ohm fault) or poss a crank sensor fault so the engine does;nt know its spinning over

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

dan__wright

posted on 3/2/08 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
i had this problem on my zx10, everything come on but no spark, it was to do with the starter lockout circuit, check everything on that circuit.

was v strange as injectors fired but no spark

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

roadrunner

posted on 3/2/08 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

with the ign on disconnect the smaller plug off the ecu (To coil packs)then reconnect and try and start.

Tried this thanks Bri, but still no spark.

roadrunner

posted on 3/2/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

if the wires are disconnected from the coils and are both still live you have a problem.

I tested this Rich, i disconnected the coils and only got a voltage through one of the wires, i also checked the grey wire with the 100ohm resistor and everything seems fine and dandy, as for the crank sensor there is'nt one, did you mean the cam sensor.

roadrunner

posted on 3/2/08 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

it was to do with the starter lockout circuit, check everything on that circuit.

What do you mean by the starter lockout circuit Dan.
Another thing, does the passing switch need to be earthed, as mine is not.

bigrich

posted on 4/2/08 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I tested this Rich, i disconnected the coils and only got a voltage through one of the wires, i also checked the grey wire with the 100ohm resistor and everything seems fine and dandy, as for the crank sensor there is'nt one, did you mean the cam sensor.

I did mean the crank sensor, it may be listed as inductive pulse pick-up and if its colour coded like my zx10r then its a red/black wire and a black wire which should be fitted inside one of the crankshaft end covers

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.