Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Changes to Ebay feedback system
BenB

posted on 5/2/08 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Changes to Ebay feedback system

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7228460.stm

Basically it means sellers can't leave negative feedback... Buyers can still do so. Hopefully that'll get rid of the retaliatory negative feedback BS that goes on.

Only trouble is what if someone doesn't pay e.g. wins an auction for a car, says they'll pay cash on collection then never turns up..... I suppose you can report them for non-payment....

britishtrident

posted on 5/2/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7228460.stm

Basically it means sellers can't leave negative feedback... Buyers can still do so. Hopefully that'll get rid of the retaliatory negative feedback BS that goes on.

Only trouble is what if someone doesn't pay e.g. wins an auction for a car, says they'll pay cash on collection then never turns up..... I suppose you can report them for non-payment....

Typical Ebay they give sellers no support against buyers.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

zxrlocost

posted on 5/2/08 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
so now Ive got to contact ebay if someone doesnt pay

what a joke ! have you ever tried contacting them and getting there auto replys

theyll be there own downfall if there not careful

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

r1_pete

posted on 5/2/08 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
From a buyers veiwpoint, I bought an item 2 months ago, it hasn't turned up, been in regular contact, even had to instruct seller how to claim from the post office. Still havent recieved my item, or refund, reported to ebay - no action, too late for paypal claim, from his attitude he's a little twat, do I leave neg and risk tit for tat??

I buy and sell, and refund immediately if there is a delivery failure, but I always post recorded and signed for.

Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dazza

posted on 5/2/08 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
mmmm

feedback can be a oain, but if i dont get my item, and no contact or just plain messing about, i put in a claim. then if its resolved, i cancel the claim.

best of both worlds then.

tit for tat feedback is not the end of the world, as genuine ebayers will look at the rest of the feedback and realise that one or 2 morons are the problem, not you......

i always do.

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

martin1973

posted on 5/2/08 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
From a buyers veiwpoint, I bought an item 2 months ago, it hasn't turned up, been in regular contact, even had to instruct seller how to claim from the post office. Still havent recieved my item, or refund, reported to ebay - no action, too late for paypal claim, from his attitude he's a little twat, do I leave neg and risk tit for tat??

I buy and sell, and refund immediately if there is a delivery failure, but I always post recorded and signed for.

Pete.

wait till the 89day after the leave neg cos you can only leave feedback for 90 days!!!

martin

BenB

posted on 5/2/08 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Sneeky! I like it!
Aico

posted on 5/2/08 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
I've had that a few times. Bought something and something went wrong so left neg feedback and then I get negative feedback back even when I bough buy it now and payed instantly with PayPal. You can't do better than that as a buyer.
locoboy

posted on 5/2/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Surely if they make it so that the seller has to leave feedback first then all will be fine?

I have had many occasions where a seller has not complimented me on my quick payment until i have said that i have received his goods in good time and as described.

Many sellers wait for the buyer to leave feedback first - thats wrong because as a buyer you have done your bit of the transaction first so the seller should report via feedback how you carrie dout your side of the deal.

ATB
Locoboy

r1_pete

posted on 5/2/08 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Quote - wait till the 89day after the leave neg cos you can only leave feedback for 90 days!!!

Yes I thought of that, you confirm its possible - counting the days.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 5/2/08 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
^^^ yes; good point.
Aico

posted on 5/2/08 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not going to wait exactly 90 days LOL

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.