Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: what cat convertor
tim windmill

posted on 11/2/08 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
what cat convertor

still struggling with emisissions to meet sva requirements, can anyone tell me what cat have you used on a 2.0l blacktop zetec for sva
Mr Whippy

posted on 11/2/08 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
do you have one on already? if so perhaps it's not getting hot enough and could do with some thermal wrap?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tim windmill

posted on 11/2/08 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
yeah got one off a 1.4 fiesta that i have borrowed and i know that ity has gone through an sva on a bec zx9 without being wrapped but when the test was donbe with it mounted on my car set up the machine came up with an error sying that thye gas flow was to low.
ican get it to idle with 0.3hc and at 2500/3000 rpm i can still get a reading of 0.3 but it runs very hot and cannot the get a reading for a cat test.
seriously thinking about cancelling my sva until i can get sorted its a week on Wednesday 20/02/2008. i have got access to a trailer and would like to take it somewhere to be set up so that i am confident that it would meet emmisions for sva. Could it be set up using a wideband sensor to meet the sva requirements using my existing set up? Any help greatly appreciated

piddy

posted on 11/2/08 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi.
Did I read on one of your previous threads that you’re using mega Squirt?

I’m running a 1.8 Silver top Zetec I borrowed a 1.8 map from someone and got the car running using this. I drove it to the MOT (Done by a friend) and the emissions were miles out we played with the settings in the map until the car passed the emission with ease.
A week later I took the car for it’s SVA and it wouldn’t have passed the emission test if it hadn’t been for the lenient tester he let us adjust our map setting until the car passed. The emissions had change big time for some reason.

This got it through the SVA but I wasn’t really happy with the way the car ran and the fuel consumption so went and brought an LC1 and wideband sensor. This has made the car a lot better reduced the fuel consumption and I’m sure reduced the emission reading. I think that and LC1 is the way for you to go, if you don’t get one now you will later (that’s if you are using Mega squirt)

I’m still not sure that a 1.4 Fiesta Cat is man enough for a 2.0 Zetec.

tks

posted on 11/2/08 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
that error is not logical to follow on a running engine isn't it???

i mean wy not enough flow???

if it would say values of gas out of scale??

but not enough flow????

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Stu16v

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
The 'low flow' is probably down to the probe on the emissions machine starting to melt - seen it before! Another sign is a sudden increase in hydrocarbons, as the plastic pipe begins to degrade...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.