Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hella style rear lights
RichB

posted on 12/2/08 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hella style rear lights

Hi all

I am currently researching some rear lights and quite like the look of the Hella ones on SVC. Call me picky but I'm not too keen on the shiny chrome on the LED stop/tail outer ring.
Does anybody know if you can get the same type of outer ring but with a red reflective background?
Or if it possible to fit the Hella reflector ring on top of the LED stop/tail ring and drill out holes for the LEDs?

This is the kind of thing I'm thinking about.

Alternatively how easy is it the rip apart a tail light cluster!?

All ideas welcome.

Rich

smart51

posted on 12/2/08 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
The Hella lights are available in red reflector material, Silver (as used on the stree Ka) or silver with LEDs for stop lamps. Hella also make the silver / LED as a combined stop + tail lamp but SVC et al don't stock them.

There are similar lamps that are quite new. They are available with LED stop / tail rings. I can't remember who sells them though. It's likely to be one of these:

nf auto
SVC
europa
premier wiring.

Of course, you don't have to use the rings at all.

RichB

posted on 12/2/08 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers smart, but can you put the reflector ring on top of the LED stop/tail ring? Or is it just an either/or thing?

Rich

Humbug

posted on 12/2/08 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth contacting Razman from here. He has a business with LED lights here

There might be something suitable there - some of them have built in reflector rings

RazMan

posted on 12/2/08 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Humbug old chap

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Lippoman

posted on 12/2/08 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Hella red stop/tail light

The stop/tail "ringlight" from Hella is also available in red (without reflective surface though) part# 2SB 009 362-041.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.