Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sorted DVLA problem
Paul (Notts)

posted on 14/2/08 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sorted DVLA problem

I am a happy man again – DVLA

Spent the day phoning DVLA about my problems with registering my kit car due to the chassis number not conforming to BSI standards.

Just had a phone call from Notts apologising for THEIR mistake – they even said “ I obviously know what I am talking about “

Sounded like some one had had a bollocking from above for being over zealous in apply rules that do not exist.

Any way they are going to phone me back in the morning to arrange the inspection and paper work.

Paul

Big thanks to to Den Tanner at Kitcar magazine for his speedy advice.

Ps. Any advice for the inspection as I think the woman at Notts does not like me anymore!!!!!

onzarob

posted on 14/2/08 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Good stuff, I've only used the DVLA for moving of a Private number plate and that can be a PITA as well.

I had to transport a MG Midget with only 3 wheels and broken suspension 20miles and put it in a parking bay for them to read the VIN plate

5mins and they were done

Duncan_P

posted on 14/2/08 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Good News!

Must be a weight off your mind, your story did make me cringe at the incompetance of the DVLA.

caber

posted on 14/2/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure your DVLA inspector is wearing glasses, the number is clean and shiny and you have a torch to light across the plate so there is absolutely no doubt that they have seen it properly and ask them to read it back to you though they may refuse to do this, as my inspector did at first viewing when he got it wrong!

Good luck

Caber

donut

posted on 14/2/08 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Great news, you'll soon be on the road

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
david4

posted on 14/2/08 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Very good news paul,you have got to keep at them and you will get there in the end,nice one
BenB

posted on 14/2/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations.

Said they were talking out of their pootubes.....

Well done for persisting....

asn163

posted on 14/2/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Great news Paul, I bet you are relieved. It's a shame that they have now wasted this week for you.

It's about time these people got their act together and had some sort of consistent approach.

Simon

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/2/08 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
So we can expect to see a great big beaming smile from your direction any time at all now.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.