Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cinquecento Sporting Fiat
short track 123

posted on 15/2/08 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Cinquecento Sporting Fiat

Hello
Just on the off chance has any one got an engine or a cylinder head off a Fiat 1100cc blown damaged or good.
Must be cheep. Cash Waiting

Jason

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
andylancaster3000

posted on 15/2/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Can I be cheeky and ask what it's for? Not a 750F car per chance is it?
short track 123

posted on 15/2/08 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it's one of them.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
hillbillyracer

posted on 15/2/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
You could try putting a wanted ad on the likes of the Yorkshire Dales Autograss Forum, loads of Cinqs get used for grassing but often with a bike motor in the back, there must be a few folk who have engines that they've taken out.
balidey

posted on 15/2/08 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
All Punto 55 and 65 heads are the same too, is this one any good to you?

wa nt head?

Or one of my friends in the cinq owners club (clubcento) has a complete engine for £40 in Rugeley A couple of other people in the club may have spare heads / engines too.

What are you allowed to do to the heads as there are some basic swaps you can do from the FIAT parts bin to improve them.

[Edited on 15/2/08 by balidey]

short track 123

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the link have just brought the cyl head.

Your not allowed to do much to them at all. This year they will be running a spec cams which you have to buy from Dave Newman Cams at a cost of about £200 which is a bit steep when its just a standard fiat profile. But it has to be that cam so that's that. There is a topic about 20 pages long about it on the f750 forum. Lots of people not to happy about it all.
That's racing for you

Thanks again
Jason

balidey

posted on 15/2/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Glad it was of use to you.
I was going to suggest the following...

Cam from a Punto 75 which is a stock FIAT part but has more lift.
Inlet manifold from an Uno (and some Puntos) which flows better as the inlet ports are a very direct path (std ones are very twisty)
Throttle body from the Punto 60 is usually 32mm bore, not 30mm as on the 55 and cinq.
Some Peugeot and Citroen engines use the same Weber Marrelli throttle body with 36mm bore.
Exhaust manifold from the punto 75 is a 4-2-1 (the 4-2 is cast, the 2-1 in the downpipe) which is better than the 4-1 std item.

But if you have pages of regs to follow then i guess none of the above are allowed. I'll have a read soon.

I did speak to David Newman a couple of years ago about getting some wild cams made, he seemed keen on doing it, I've just not had the money to progress it yet.

short track 123

posted on 16/2/08 at 05:41 AM Reply With Quote
Part of the reason i wanted a head was to make an inlet manifold they seam to use a twin choke Weber and blank off one choke ( you are only allowed one choke )

Do you think any one in the cinq owners club would be interested in bike carb manifolds ?

Jason

[Edited on 16/2/08 by short track 123]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.