Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Help with pickup and assembly.
Aico

posted on 1/3/08 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Help with pickup and assembly.

I see a nice project car. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220207593193&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:uk
Unfortunatly it's impossible for me to pickup the car and even assembling it. Is someone in the UK willing to do this for a solid/static fee? No reserve so if the final bid is low and if I can find someone who can take care of it then I will go for it. Is this possible for 1000 Pounds?

carpmart

posted on 1/3/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think you would be lucky to get someone to do that for £3k let alone £1k! From what you can see in the pics, there looks to be a LOT of work! As for a fixed price, you couldn't tell what was missing until you started so it would be suicide for someone to commit to doing that for a fixed sum!

Just my tuppence worth!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Aboardman

posted on 1/3/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
if i never had my mini project in the garage i would of been tempted at that.
Aico

posted on 1/3/08 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
3K? WOW. That's what I have to give for a complete Striker. For 1K it's tempting, but 3K is not interesting anymore. Maybe someone wants to do it for fun and a little cash. If not then game-over.
DIY Si

posted on 1/3/08 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
There is quite a lot of work to do there, and to do a car like that justice it'll need doing to a high standard, which could mean anything up to 100 hours work or more! At a very cheap rate of £10 an hour, that's a £1000 before any parts are needed! To get a kit car place/company to do it would be more like £30-40 an hour. Although it looks like it could be worth a reasonable amount of money once completed.
Chippy

posted on 1/3/08 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
I think the one thing you can garantee is that it will not go for just a grand, I would not be surprised to see that sell for "up to" 4K, will put it in "watch this item" see what it sells for. The rebuild would, I think, take far more than 100 hours if you wanted to make a fair fist of the job. Nice, but no thanks. Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

zilspeed

posted on 2/3/08 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
That's a restoration project, not an assembly project.

I'm basically doing my first ever restoration with the Sylva just now and it is as labour intensive as I suspected it would be. I don't mind that at all, but I consider my time as free, it's my hobby.

As for 100 hours, not a chance. Ever.
Not with this as the starting point.

Try 1000 hours if it's a proper job.

Aico

posted on 2/3/08 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
LOL, I thought is was already assembled before so it's easier to put everything back together. Because it's a project the final price is usually low so if it was maybe 1-2k and add like 1-2k in labour then I would have bought it.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.