Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine Cleaning/ Ultrasonics?
T1GER_SUPERCA7

posted on 10/3/08 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Engine Cleaning/ Ultrasonics?

Gents,

I have stripped my 2L Zetec and have started the painful task of degreasing and cleaning.

Has anyone used an ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning blocks? heads? pistons etc? Is this a sensible option? We have one at work and it seems like a good option.

Would I be able to ultrasonically clean the block? in addition the block is fairly rusty inside the coolant channels and reservoirs? is this ok? I am happy with the block as there are still honing marks on the bores but should I be re-honing to deglaze them?

Many thanks, any advice would be helpful.

Cheers

Chris

vinnievector

posted on 10/3/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate

Hi mate ,there should be no probs with this at all ,i have cleaned up many parts inc my carbs and have had no problems .
if its free use it as this is the best sort of degreasing available and the latest tec .

Mix

posted on 10/3/08 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
In my experience the 'degreasing' ability of an ultrasonic bath is dependant on the solution used. Give it a go by all means but expect to have to manually remove paint, corrosion etc. Ultrasonics are really about shaking loose small particles.

Mick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.