Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stoneleigh update. - Luego Owners Club
jollygreengiant

posted on 31/3/08 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Stoneleigh update. - Luego Owners Club

Just to keep you all informed, I have just rung Stoneleigh and spoken to an erstwhile gentleman there who trlls me that they are just inthe process of sending out the packs to all attendees/clubs as we speak. The centleman also tells me that we will be on 27B.

Spooky Deja Vue time lads. If you want a clue as to where that is then have a look at the linky.

Linky Link

So do I dare suggest that we go for a similar camping meet up as last year as well.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

02GF74

posted on 31/3/08 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
To be or not 27B? That is the question.

rusty nuts

posted on 31/3/08 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hope to be there saturday about 1pm , will get in touch with Geoff as well . Camping in area 7 again?
jollygreengiant

posted on 31/3/08 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Hope to be there saturday about 1pm , will get in touch with Geoff as well . Camping in area 7 again?

Yep I was thinking that, seemed to work well last year. I shall be there, no kids, I will have her in doors with me, so behavior will be the same as last time.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Steve Lovelock

posted on 31/3/08 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Great job JGG.

I fancy camping both nights. Will bring more beer and more jumpers this year. No wife though, she's taken it as a perfect opportunity to get a quick trip in to Paris. I don't understand it, last year she opted for St Tropez and this year Paris. Why doesn't she want to camp with us lot in Stoneleigh?

Andybarbet

posted on 31/3/08 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
When is it chaps ?? me and the boy will be there if we are free that weekend ...
rusty nuts

posted on 31/3/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lovelock
Great job JGG.

I fancy camping both nights. Will bring more beer and more jumpers this year. No wife though, she's taken it as a perfect opportunity to get a quick trip in to Paris. I don't understand it, last year she opted for St Tropez and this year Paris. Why doesn't she want to camp with us lot in Stoneleigh?

Tell her the rumours aren't true!!

jollygreengiant

posted on 1/4/08 at 03:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet
When is it chaps ?? me and the boy will be there if we are free that weekend ...

Bank Holiday weekend May 3rd, 4th, 5th.

I too hope to be there early morning on the Saturday.

Andybarbet

posted on 1/4/08 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Just found the ad in magazine, is it just sunday and monday ???
jollygreengiant

posted on 2/4/08 at 03:33 AM Reply With Quote
Yep open to joe public on Sunday and Monday, but People with trade stands or showing cars can get in on the Saturday, Get your self set up and have a little pre walk around.

Oh and have a nice relaxing drink and BBQ on the saturday night as well. Sorry did I mention have a drink as well..

richard thomas

posted on 2/4/08 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there and camping over, not sure exactly which nights yet though...

Paul (Notts)

posted on 2/4/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Will be camping on Saturday and Sunday so hoping the weather is good.

Not sure how I am going to get everything into the Viento as in the past I have always been in the tin top.

Either the beer will be left behind or I will have to bring less food and no extra duvet and pillow.

Anyway better get back to the garage to fix the oil leak from the gearbox so that its ready. Then I Think I will take this opportunity to change the oil in the box.

Paul

PS do I need to book a ticket in advance and how much will it cost

rusty nuts

posted on 2/4/08 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Will go to the local supermarket after pitching the tent to get supplies , there's one a couple of miles from Stoneleigh .
Paul (Notts)

posted on 2/4/08 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Does it sell petrol as well.

Car’s a little bit thirsty after a long run !!

rusty nuts

posted on 2/4/08 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure if the supermarket sells petrol but there is a petrol station within spitting distance as well
wilkingj

posted on 4/4/08 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
Does it sell petrol as well.

Car’s a little bit thirsty after a long run !!

Hmm... I get 26mpg on a run even at 80mph, as long as its steady driving. lots of throttle changes will lower the MPG.

I dont even think about it round town.

Other trick is to find where the position of the throttle pedal, where the secondary chokes are not opening, then keep to lower throttle settings. Using all 4 chokes, is expensive, but FUN.

Just to give you an idea.

I usually fill up at 100 miles, and this has always left me with a reasonable reserve.
Carry an empty can, to prevent you getting ripped off on prices and deposits for a can if you do actually run out of fuel.

Fuel costs... the thoughts of them are drowned out by the V8 Burble.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark-wiring

posted on 7/4/08 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Better put John on the list for Saturday and Sunday. I gotta see if im free yet as that happens to be my sons 10th birthday weekend! typical kids awkward lol

Will prob arrive saturday morning as we did last year ( will see if we can wake you all up this year lol)

To exhaust or not to exhaust that is the question lol

[Edited on 7/4/08 by mark-wiring]

http://www.v10viento.co.uk
Have to recommend
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/
For all Megasquirt needs

Paul (Notts)

posted on 13/4/08 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Two questions....

1 Do I need to book inadvance for camping Sat Sun in kit car ?

2 How in the hell do you get everything ( Tent , Sleeping bag , Air bed, blanket , stove, food , beer , clothes, spare petrol, and a cover for the car. ) In the bloody kit car ?

Paul.

+ some basic tools and the AA card + Phone + money + lots of other things I will think of and forget.

rusty nuts

posted on 13/4/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
You don't need to book in advance and as for getting everything in I put tent and sleeping roll behind passengers seat , car cover on seat, rucksack , sleeping bag and extra bedding (in bin bags ) in passengers footwell .Have fitted a boot box which carries a few tools . Clive(Snuggs) manages to get a large tent , airbeds , bedding, cooking gear and the kitchen sink without using the passengers seat and footwell Have a dummy run before going?
wilkingj

posted on 14/4/08 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
I lay the tent across the diff. then put big kitbag on that, toolbox between that and the rear panel, and fill from there.
Large objects just cant fall down onto th road.
Secure into one lump with several bungee cords. I now have a cargo net (bungee type)
Chair, and other long bits slide down the back of the passenger seat.
Everything else in the passenger footwell and passengerseat area.

Cover with tarp or groundsheet, and secure with bungee straps to the seat bottom / adjuster rail / handle to stop it being sucked out of the car.

Its a bit of a squeeze, but you will be surprised what you can get in.
Anything else, in a BIG Strong bag tied to the roll cage with bungee Straps.

You dont need much for single person for two nights.

Food and beer is obtained at the local supermarket. after all you shouldnt have to take it home with you!

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adz h

posted on 17/4/08 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
I should be there with the car for Sale....

it will be a sad day

Steve Lovelock

posted on 29/4/08 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Just a quick note, I saw earlier in this post that the Saturday access is for people with cars that are being displayed. Does this mean I will struggle to get in on Saturdaywith the Smart then?
Paul (Notts)

posted on 29/4/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Just give them a call and check that its ok.

01775 722900

I got in last year on the Saturday in my tin top.

If needs be say your the support car for someone in a kit - eg Me.

Paul

[Edited on 29/4/08 by Paul (Notts)]

jollygreengiant

posted on 29/4/08 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
OK then looks like we are about ready to go this year then. I will still be minus kit but I am getting closer. This year I shall be starting the purchase of finishing stuff and trim bits hopefully.
Any way to the main point of this reply.

TICKET GONEFirstly I have one spare club vehicle permit for non kit car vehicle. Rule 1 is, that if you want it you must be building a Luego. Rule 2 is, that if you want it please reply ASAP so that I stand a chance of getting it in the post and to you BY Friday morning. Rule 3 is, that I would prefer to send it to someone who is going for the entire weekend.

Secondly I shall be bringing the Gazebo again but other items will be fewer than last year due to my being in a Sierra saloon rather than an Omega estate.
Who has and will be bringing the Luego banners ?

I will be bringing the gas stove and frying pan so an early morning fry-up is a distinct possibility.

If everyone is agree-able then I think we should try to meet up at about the same point as we (mostly) camped at last year.

The display pitch is going to be 27B which is the same as last year.

So its over to you lads now, the ones with the cars finished, to do us Luego owners proud. Lets all have a great weekend.

Over to you lads, any other comments or suggestions.

[Edited on 29/4/08 by jollygreengiant]

rusty nuts

posted on 29/4/08 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Bringing a small bbq and fuel if I can get it in the car Not sure there will be room for pots and pans . Will pitch the tent and go for supplies if I can find the supermarket again.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.