Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: busa clutch replacement options???
markrally73

posted on 5/4/08 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
busa clutch replacement options???

Well the standard clutch has finally given up and is now starting to slip!!

So whilst i got it in bits is there any mods i need to do or recommend doing whilst im in there?

replacement suzuki plates?
Uprated springs?
billet locking centre ring?
http://www.hayabusacentral.co.uk/shop/product.asp?idproduct=109&source=thumb

Any advice welcome

Ps do i need to remove the whole cover or just the 3 bolts in the centre of the cover? i havnt got the manual out yet !!
Any advice on what oil to use as i have heard some are better with promoting clutch friction then others?

cheers

Mark

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/4/08 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
After several plate burn-outs, slips, etc. I went for a kevlar set (from PDQ), along with uprated springs. These didn't burn out, despite a season's sprinting abuse, but grabbed violently - really violently - not that I cared.
I kept the basket, centre etc., as standard, no problems. The end ally plate on the clutch basket took a hammering (but was cheapish to replace periodically).

Jason Fletcher

posted on 6/4/08 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
You will need to remove the whole clutch cover not just the one held on by the three bolts. You could also do with fitting a new gasket too.

Take a look at Brock performance products. They are in the States but with the weak Dollar it makes good sense to buy from there.

I recently bought the one piece centre from them. The one I got is in aircraft grade aly and is supurb. It comes with spacers to stiffen the springs up without replacement. Really good company to deal with too!

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.