Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan SR20DE(T)
Piledhigher

posted on 12/11/03 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan SR20DE(T)

Does anyone have experience installing a Nissan SR20DE or SR20DET RWD motor in a Locost?
JoelP

posted on 12/11/03 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
i've seen it discussed, do a search for either wotsot called now, dett or se thingy. You'll know what i mean...!

they were RWD in most cases anyway weren't they? so *should* be very easy to do.

Someone was on about a skyline engine...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=6717

there we go!

[Edited on 12/11/03 by JoelP]

blueshift

posted on 12/11/03 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
The SR20DE in my primera is fwd, sadly.

and getting rather rattly and underpowered now, done 95k. boo.

mackie

posted on 12/11/03 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
It's true, my 1.4 K-Series rover keeps up and it's supposed to have 20 less bhp. It is geared lower though.
david walker

posted on 12/11/03 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Nissan Silvia and 200SX were RWD and have been discussed on here before. Both good motors, particularly the 1800's whose bottom ends survive longer.

Look for CA18ET, CA18DET or (for the 2 litre) SR20DET.

The other SR20** engines from the rest of the Nissan range are much the same but being FWD obviously have different sumps etc. Without turbos they aren't much to get excited about though!

Dave Walker, Race Engine Services - 07957 454659 or 01636 671277

Noodle

posted on 13/11/03 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by david walkerThe other SR20** engines from the rest of the Nissan range are much the same but being FWD obviously have different sumps etc. Without turbos they aren't much to get excited about though!

I disagree. As I've posted recently, my bog standard 2.0 eGT Primera engine will hit 8800 rpm. It has 150bhp too, but as it's FWD it's a good job it doesn't have a wall of torque to go with it.

I acknowledge however, that an existing RWD configured motor is the way to go for hassle-free installation.

I expereinced difficulties trying to get hold of a CA18DET. The boy racers have got them now and keep blowing them up. When a second hand one comes up on the sx forum (http://www.sxoc.co.uk/) it's like a bloodbath.

The engine needs to come with it's associated electronics or it's going to cost quite a bit to get going.

Cheers,

Neil.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.