Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Great drive - then stone spoils it!
Ivan

posted on 8/4/08 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Great drive - then stone spoils it!

Had a great drive in the tintop today - 900km in 10 hours including stops for brekky, tea, lunch, pitstops and fuel, road costruction bypases et al. Only one speedtrap and I was stuck behind a truck at the time

Last 5 hours the temperature was 24C and there was not a single cloud in the sky - genuine - not one - was wishing Locost was finished and I was here in it. Felt like somebody had inverted a lovely blue bowl overhead - then BANG - car in front picks up stone and breaks the Subi's windscreen End of happy mood.

Now I know how Bob Mugabe must be feeling

TOO BADD

posted on 8/4/08 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Bet Mugarb will soon be peakin round each corner soon to see if someone is gonna take the chance. Wonder how many food tasters on his payrol ? Weather in UK is 28deg and we are all working a 2 day week ( 5 day money ) and just had the basic rate cut to 10p in the £
RK

posted on 8/4/08 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
rocks are the last thing that guy needs to worry about!
coozer

posted on 8/4/08 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Weather in UK is 28deg and we are all working a 2 day week ( 5 day money ) and just had the basic rate cut to 10p in the £

Eh? 28deg?? Where the hell in the Uk are you? 3km underground?

And the 10p has just been ABOLISHED, now 20p.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mad dad

posted on 8/4/08 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
what sort of Subi were you driving Ivan.....assume its a Subaru??? i've had 4 of them.........

phelpsa

posted on 8/4/08 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad dad
what sort of Subi were you driving Ivan.....assume its a Subaru??? i've had 4 of them.........

My parents toy:

STi Spec-D.... niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 9/4/08 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
Had a great drive in the tintop today - 900km in 10 hours including stops for brekky, tea, lunch, pitstops and fuel, road costruction bypases et al. Only one speedtrap and I was stuck behind a truck at the time

Last 5 hours the temperature was 24C and there was not a single cloud in the sky - genuine - not one - was wishing Locost was finished and I was here in it. Felt like somebody had inverted a lovely blue bowl overhead - then BANG - car in front picks up stone and breaks the Subi's windscreen End of happy mood.

Now I know how Bob Mugabe must be feeling

Sunshine and warmth!
Gee thats one thing we could do with living as far north as we do. Dont miss the rest of the Transvaal experiance (natives with guns and a begging hand,expanda bars everywhere.ZOLA BUDDS and putco busses)
Still get the wors and the biltong just lacking in the warmth and sunshine, still my workshop is a local legend for how bright and warm it gets Can work in shorts and tee shirt in midwinter

[Edited on 9-4-08 by mangogrooveworkshop]

Ivan

posted on 9/4/08 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad dad

I drive a 2.5 Outback which is great for the gravel roads I sometimes drive, and although underpowered compared to what I'm used to still makes a very fine long distance ride and pretty economical cruising on the cruise control @ approx 140kph I get around 9.5 l/100 km.

Am thinking of changing to a 3.0 Outback for the extra overtaking power although it wont be nearly as economical.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.