Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How to transfer PDF files to Word documents?
Gergely

posted on 15/4/08 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
How to transfer PDF files to Word documents?

Hi, I need some help here... I have some PDF files in A4 format that I want to add to a word document. I don't want to edit them, just want to use them as complete pages in my document. I thought about saving the pdf file as a jpg image (using printscreen) and inserting it in word, but maybe someone has a better idea or software they could point me towards?
Thanks!
Gergely

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
madmandegge

posted on 15/4/08 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Word to PDF = easy

PDF to Word = not as easy

The best (only) way I know of doing this, is to open the PDF with a version of Acrobat Pro, then save it as a .doc
There are probably other things about on the net that'll do it, but nothing that doesn't cost £30 or so, and most of the time even an old version of Acrobat Pro would do it.

Or any version of pro off the net, if you can find it

edit - reread, as you don't want to edit, best way I can think of is print screen like you've said, and its free!

[Edited on 15/4/08 by madmandegge]

designer

posted on 15/4/08 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Have you, or a friend with a scanner that can scan documents into word?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richardlee237

posted on 15/4/08 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just do them as inserts in your word doc.

I have tried scanning and using character recognition on PDF documents and it is as much fun as my mother in law chewing tobacco.

Spend a little time getting the spacing and proportions right and it will look good IMHO

Quote Lord Kelvin
“Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in race horses and women.”

Quote Richard Lee

"and cars"

Gergely

posted on 15/4/08 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks chaps. We have a good scanner in the office, too, but the quality is not as good as saved jpg's, so I will stick with printscreening then...

Here is a gap for some software development to be done... someone could become very rich!

Thanks!
Gergely

andyd

posted on 15/4/08 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gergely
Here is a gap for some software development to be done... someone could become very rich!

Er, no. It's been done but as stated you need to pay for it. On the basis that you are trying to find a way to do it for free that's one sale I'd not get for writing the software to do it and I'd bet there's more people out there that would rather not pay for it than pay for it.

Andy

Russell

posted on 15/4/08 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
There's a snapshot tool (camera icon on the toolbar) in Acrobat Reader that lets you grab any selected area of the pdf document and copy it to the clipboard. Then pate it into Word as a graphic. Works a treat and I use it all the time.
Beware though, some Acrobat files are "protected" and won't let you do it.
Recent versions of Acrobat Reader have taken the icon off the toolbar e.g. in Acrobat 8 you need to do Tools - Customize Toolbars... then tick the Snapshot Tool under Select and Zoom Toolbar

Hope that helps

Russ

I'm a bilingual illiterate. I can't read in two languages.

Gergely

posted on 16/4/08 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Russ that is a great tool! This is what I was looking for!
Gergely

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.