Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My striker back on ebay due to monkeys
alexdj125
Junior Builder

Posts 93
Registered 23/6/07

Photo Archive Go!
Building: an increasingly large carbon footprint!

posted on 22/4/08 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
My striker back on ebay due to monkeys

Had to get ripped off by ebay again and put my Striker back on because of timewasters (hopefully no one on here!) why do people say they will definately have it, and then just stop contactng you!? And why do people make stupid offers of £2500?!!! I really dont think £5000 is a lot to ask for is it?

Grrr...Alex

Link

If it ain't broke- it soon will be!

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/4/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
plenty of idiots on there just out to waste peoples time with no intension of buying anything with their only aim to cause as much problems for you as possible. No way I'd remove it till the money was in my hand, its for sale till they give you the money. Anyone makes you an offer like that, tell them where they can stick it.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 22/4/08 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Another Plymothian! I've not seen your Striker around, but it looks like a bargain at £5000. I would be sorely tempted if I didn't already have two projects that I don't have enough time for!
nitram38

posted on 22/4/08 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
I have given up with ebay. It looks like the shows are the only option or a kitcar mag advert.
I got offered £500 when my price was clearly £7995 or offer. Wnkers

alexdj125
Junior Builder

Posts 93
Registered 23/6/07

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 22/4/08 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I've been driving it around plymouth for a while now, you cant really miss it being such a bright colour! So you think I should stick to £5000 then? there are a couple on PH for £9000 and £12000 which obviously have better spec, but you could fully rebuild the thing for a few grand!

Alex

Mr Whippy

posted on 22/4/08 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
If you’re driving around in why not stick some vinyl graphics ‘for sale’ signs on it?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Hazan

posted on 22/4/08 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Im pretty sure ebay have a policy about non paying bidders. If they dont pay you can claim back the listing fees and final value fees.
nitram38

posted on 22/4/08 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
I also have had a buyer win then say that the sale was un-authorised.
I may have got my fees back but then it is another re-list, then explainations etc.

MikeRJ

posted on 22/4/08 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by alexdj125
I've been driving it around plymouth for a while now, you cant really miss it being such a bright colour! So you think I should stick to £5000 then? there are a couple on PH for £9000 and £12000 which obviously have better spec, but you could fully rebuild the thing for a few grand!

Alex

It doesn't have the 4AGE engine which seems to be de rigeur with Strikers now, but the Crossflow is a good little engine, and it's easily changed anyway. If it's nicely screwed together than I think £5000 is more than fair for a 1 year example of one of the most competitive 7 clones ever made.

Why not take it up to Stoneleigh, I bet you'd sell it very quickly? Bit of a long drive for a Striker, but you could get a lift back with me if you sell it

owelly

posted on 22/4/08 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
If you're after big(ish!) money, you'll have to make more of an effort with the piccies!
Get the car outside in the day light. Park it outside a nice house, even if it's not yours! Don't have it parked in a pool of it's own bubbles.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

alexdj125
Junior Builder

Posts 93
Registered 23/6/07

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 22/4/08 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
I was thinking of stoneleigh, but i'll be far too busy with Uni work! I suppose a few more up to date pictures would be a good idea, and maybe some for sale signs on it.

Thanks for the advice, Alex.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.