Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: track pads
MK9R

posted on 19/11/03 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
track pads

I've read the thread on pads for the road, what do people reccomend for the track?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Julian B

posted on 19/11/03 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Have you thought about EBC Reds. I havn't used them but they have a good reputation.

Their website is http://www.ebcbrakes.com/

cheers

MK9R

posted on 19/11/03 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Cars not finished yet, i have just had to buy a new set for my subaru and it got me thinking. As these cars are a lot lighter (especially BECS) than the cars the brakes were designed for, there is obviously less heat build up so my thoughts are that a pad design for track use (ebc yellow, pagid 4.2, mintex 1155 etc) would never reach optimal temperature.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 19/11/03 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
I would agree with you, cos of the lightness the brakes are never gonna get that hot!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

mackie

posted on 19/11/03 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
It'd be nice if a kitcar magazine or someone did a back to back test of various pads in a 7esque car and give a definitive verdict on what is best in various circumstances. Our car is going to be mainly for road use and the occasional track day (possibly nurburgring road trip but i don't really fancy doing a 1200 mile round trip without a support car ) and I think we've decided to go with standard pads initially and possibly go for greenstuff if we feel the stoppers are lacking, which they probably won't be. If anything it'll be overbraked with cortina twin pots up front and XR4x4 disks at the rear.

Does anyone know good sources of brake proportioning valves? I think someone mentioned the Fiat Uno had one? Where is it located?

Ben_Copeland

posted on 19/11/03 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Fiat uno one is located near the rear passenger wheel, infront of... connected to the beam. Look for the brake pipes.

Look on my site for a pic !

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

mackie

posted on 19/11/03 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Ben. I will keep a lookout on our next scrappy visit.
Fast Westie

posted on 20/11/03 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Track pads
Start with the road pads and if you overheat them go for some Ferodos. I use DS3000s with Wilwood calipers at the front and standard rears. Car weighs around 550kg and runs slicks

The car in front is a Westfield

dozracing

posted on 20/11/03 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Pagid RS14's are totally awesome serious competion pad carbon/metallic compound. Also Hawk HT14 is a real mans pad.

EBC pads have good reputation for fast road, but, no serious racer would use them, the same goes for the Mintex. The Ferodo DS3000 has a very good reputation too, and comes recommended by AP racing.

For a 15% discount over Grandprix Racewear/Demon Tweeks retail prices email me offlist.

Kind regards,
Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.