Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Exhaust
Chris7

posted on 23/11/03 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust

Hi

Everyone got the little beauty running first time now i need to get a proper exhaust for it the one is was looking at was the one from tiger cars off the shelf and not only that but they did the one for z-cars..

anybody bought one of these

for ZX9-C

Thanks Chris B

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lococost

posted on 23/11/03 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I heard one running with cat on a GSXR1000 B6 and it was awefully loud, I think it topped out at 106db at SVA. Still, it looked very good and if you want to show off, I guess it's the one to have, the sound is spectacular.
I'm sticking to the original damper that came with the engine and should be -according to the writing on the back of the damper- 80db.

groeten,
lococost.

MK9R

posted on 24/11/03 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
I bought the manifold and collector from them to go on my MK. It wasn't straight forward as it exited the car differently than the tiger and the triangulation fouled the manifold. You can read about my fun and games on my website. It took a lot of messing around to get it right, but apart from getting one made (very expensive) i think is the best option. You could always try the ST one i suppose, although i don't like the look of it personally.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisGamlin

posted on 24/11/03 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
lococost, dont forget that unless you run the airbox too, you won't get anywhere near the 80db stated on your silencer due to the induction noise. Even if you do use an airbox tho, I'd say you'll be lucky to hit those sort of figures. A BEC with a standard R1 baffled can is around the 98-100db mark at 8krpm, albeit without airbox (which would probably drop it another 3-6db max)

Chris

lococost

posted on 24/11/03 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
I know 80db probably wouldn't be possible, can't imagine it beiing that quiet, But should be a lot better than a standard straight trough damper. I know there are a lot of guys using the original damper due to the noise so there should be some truth in it.

As for the airbox, I will try to keep the air filter below the bonnet using pipes, like super7cars does and if that works maybe even try to make my own airbox.

I will have to make an issue out of this because it will need to pass Belgian MOT of 90db max.... Can probably fiddle with the exup valve as well to get the noise down.

Jasper

posted on 24/11/03 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
I bough the ST one and then built the engine mounts to suit so it was easy...
locoboy

posted on 25/11/03 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Does that mean that you have canted your engine over more or less than perfect to avoid chassis members etc with the downpipes?

Wouldnt that play havock with the engine oil if it isnt sat at the angle it was supposed to sit at in the bike?

ATB
Locoboy

Chris7

posted on 1/12/03 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
EXHAUST

Been to look at the tiger exhaust at the weekend ok but not over impressed think i will have a look at the stuart talylor then make my descision .

Thanks Chris B

MK9R

posted on 1/12/03 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
what did you not like about the tiger exhaust??

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Chris7

posted on 2/12/03 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
exhuast

emm

Nothing in particular just want to see what else is available the build was ok all tubes seemed to be the same length .

and i also dont like paying the vat man cash is much better

might have stumbled on a local man who can build the same thing will keep everybody posted .

Thanks Chris B

loafersmate

posted on 3/12/03 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Don't forget that MK do a nice stainless exhaust and they're just up the road from you!

Ben

MK9R

posted on 3/12/03 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
not for a zx9 they don't

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

Alistair

posted on 6/12/03 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Try Tube Engineers Ltd. in Market Rasen.
www.tubebending.co.uk

They have experience of making exhaust systems for bike engined Indys.

gsand

posted on 7/12/03 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
AARRGGHH!!

Sorry to be off topic, but Chris7 can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write sentances! It makes it so much easier to read and it just pisses me off. No offence intended.

[Edited on 7/12/03 by gsand]

4st Insanity

Maybee i should start wearing a Welding mask.....

Rorty

posted on 8/12/03 at 04:28 AM Reply With Quote
None taken!

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

OX

posted on 9/12/03 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
yip Tube Engineers Ltd. in Market Rasen have just made me an exhaust for my indy R1,am happy with the end result
photo in archive ,sorry about size
should get it started for the first time tomorrow woohoo

Alistair

posted on 10/12/03 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Ox, did you take your car to Tube Engineers for them to fit the exhaust to or did they have a R1 and Indy combination programmed into the computer already?
What provision for the lambda sensor do you have on the exhaust?

OX

posted on 10/12/03 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
i had to take the car to them. they have now made a jig for the ri indy exhaust and have loads of jigs for other engine types i only asked them to make the exhaust with no provisdions for a lambda sensor,im gonna try and get away without using one but if i need to i can allways put one on,the exhaust is loud but i will be fitting the stock R1 can and cat for the sva

chris.russell

posted on 11/12/03 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Ox, Hope you don't mind me asking but what was the damage for the exhaust? Did you also know if they make one for a ZX9
Mk-Ninja

posted on 11/12/03 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
Chris

They dont do one for the ZX9R yet but I am taking my car over there this weekend so they can do mine. So I assume he will make a jig then.

Gordon

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

Chris7

posted on 12/12/03 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
EXHUAST

Hi

If you can let me know when they have done it and what it looks like, I would hope they keep a jig for that engine,which will solve me a lot of problems, dont suppose you have a number for them do you .

Thanks Chris B

Mk-Ninja

posted on 12/12/03 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
Chris

You have U2U

I'm sure I've got one, just don't know where I've put it

Hellfire

posted on 13/12/03 at 02:10 AM Reply With Quote
Is it just me or...

why does the fireblade circuit diagram not show any outputs for exhaust sensors and such... ie Lamda Sensor?

I'm a tad confused as to whether our bike needs a CAT or not as there seem's not to be any inputs into CDI for anything like this... HELP!

Our am I talking complete boolox

Hellfire

posted on 13/12/03 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Exhaust - beauty is only shine deep!

IMHO I think ours looks pretty neat. A stainless MK version... Mmmm Rescued attachment PC070160.jpg
Rescued attachment PC070160.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.