Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tin top Q - Peugeot V6 engine
ChrisW

posted on 17/5/08 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Tin top Q - Peugeot V6 engine

Hopefully someone can help with this to save me taking the engine apart to find out!

I have a 306 Cabriolet running a 406 3.0 V6 24v engine. Having loads of trouble with the factory ECU, and want to convert it to Megasquirt. However, I've not been able to find any info from anyone who has done this before. Whilst it's not exactly a comlicated conversion, I'm stuck with the trigger wheel.

So, can anyone confirm whether the V6 engine uses the same 60-2 tooth trigger wheel used in the 4 cylinder Peugeots?

Cheers, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 17/5/08 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.bba-reman.com/

try this mob,i used them in a former life and they were helpfull

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

tks

posted on 17/5/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Hopefully someone can help with this to save me taking the engine apart to find out!

I have a 306 Cabriolet running a 406 3.0 V6 24v engine. Having loads of trouble with the factory ECU, and want to convert it to Megasquirt. However, I've not been able to find any info from anyone who has done this before. Whilst it's not exactly a comlicated conversion, I'm stuck with the trigger wheel.

So, can anyone confirm whether the V6 engine uses the same 60-2 tooth trigger wheel used in the 4 cylinder Peugeots?

Cheers, Chris

I don't think its a legal thing to do!
Also the value of the car will be dropped..
it won't make his horses and the setup won't be the same. And what about the imobilizer??? its difficult what you want i would say search a new mcu... a car of that caliber doesn't need to have problems...

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.