Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: XE Tuning book?
mookaloid

posted on 25/5/08 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
XE Tuning book?

Is there a book on tuning the XE motor like Vizards or Hammils books on the pinto?

Failing that where can I find info on it?

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

TOO BADD

posted on 25/5/08 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Just google SBD. Plenty of info and costs and they are pretty helpful. Had Autosprint to sort my full race head, balancing, and SBD for pistons/bellhousing/sump/clutch etc. As for costs, it will cost as far as you want to go. Ask my wife ! or better still don't.
cidersurfer

posted on 25/5/08 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Try QED too. They don't build engines any longer but still supply the right parts.

shimming solid lifters is a job for a friend...

NS Dev

posted on 26/5/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
see your u2u, but I can list all the key parts and the cheapest/best sources I know of.

In terms of pro builders (but don't expect free advice on bits to use etc) speak to Paul Exon, of Paul Exon race engines, based in coalville.

He used to work for QED and built most of their engines, then set up on his own a couple of years ago. He races at our club, really knows his stuff (though can be a bit odd to deal with at times) and has a dyno etc and is a dab hand at mapping a lot of types of ecu.

Exon Race Engines Link

as you can see he has the proper kit and knows his stuff.

Parts wise, I'm quite local to the manufactuers of two key bits, the steel rods, from Arrow in Hinckley, and the steel cranks, made by Doug Kiddey Engineering in Sapcote.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.