Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CEC with bike can
blakep82

posted on 25/5/08 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
CEC with bike can

what recommendations for a 2 ltr vauxhall engine?

[Edited on 25/5/08 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 25/5/08 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
quite like one like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Art-Pro-Race-System-Exhaust-Can-Link-Pipe-ZXR600_W0QQitemZ150249179987QQcmdZ
or carbon ones.
carbon ones seem pretty cheap, so are they not real carbon?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Humbug

posted on 26/5/08 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
My engine's a 1.4 K series and I've got a Yamaha R1 carbon can. Does the job and looks the business (IMHO...)
Guinness

posted on 26/5/08 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Don't see why not.

I saw a brown Vauxhall Omega Estate with a cheeky carbon bike can hanging out the back instead of a back box!

Mike

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/5/08 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
done it before, carbon cans or at least the one I got run cold enough for you to hold the outside even after a long run. What out though, they tend to be very quite compaired to car ones.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tim windmill

posted on 26/5/08 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
i am running a standard R1 can on my 2.0l zetec seems to do the job nicely
takumi

posted on 26/5/08 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Ive just fitted a Carbon fiber R1 can (had to get some tube to sleeve the joint to the 2" manifold pinto exhaust.

Managed to get the can off ebay for £14.99 ! looks fab, mine gets quite warm, suspect its running slightly lean, will lift the needles and see what effect that has on temps.

Someone I know, melted a carbon fiber can after a long run on his pinto engined kit.. :S

sounded 'different' at first, but now I love it, and I havn't even been out for spin yet.. still waiting for an extra exhaust clamp to arrive!

[Edited on 26-5-08 by takumi]

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

blakep82

posted on 26/5/08 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
cheers guys, R1 seems popular

if i was to get that one off a 600cc bike would that be too small or restrictive for my engine? or are bike exhausts very different to car exhausts?

i might get it anyway... if it doesn't work it might end up as an airbox ( similar to like what r1_pete made)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.