Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Absolutely fuming Paypal.
Jon Ison

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely fuming Paypal.

Remember the case, we have.....

Proof of posting.
Proof of delivery.
Provided payapal with all this including the buyers signature.

We get this..........

After careful consideration of the evidence provided in the case detailedbelow, we have completed our investigation and decided in favour of thebuyer. Under the terms of our User Agreement, we have debited the followingamount from your PayPal account as a refund to the buyer: 27.98 GBP

chris_smith

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
what the f
JoelP

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
what a joke...
mackei23b

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
An appeal, or trading standards?
blakep82

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
thats'll be the buyer rpotection they're always going on about...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

McLannahan

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'd fight it Jon. Don't give in and fight it every step. You're completly in the right and it's the third party that's bused the system.

I understand you just want to give up but then they've won. Paypal looses nothing. Buyer gains goods and money back and the "smugness" he's fooled the system!

Kick off.

Jon Ison

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Well I can tell you my pi$$ is boiling right now, I have tried to appeal it guess what we cant ???

OK £27 not the end of the world, the principle by god am I fuming..........

The thieving scumbag has had the goods and now has his money back to, WTF as a seller can you do to protect against this, add a "victim" surcharge to every sale ?

nib1980

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
clearly you have the buyers adress

next step seems logical to me........

smart51

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Could there be a case of fraud against your buyer? Over a matter of £27, plod might not be too interested.

I wouldn't let it lie though.

iank

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'd call the police, report the scrote for fraud AND Paypal for aiding and abetting a fraud.
Tell ebay/paypal what you are doing and then take them to the small claims court, that should wake them up.

I honestly believe they don't even bother reading seller information and automatically adjudicate for the buyer and rely on 99% of sellers not taking it any further.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

balidey

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Send him a dog turd, perhaps in a box with a spring loaded base?
Jubal

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
That is a nightmare situation. I don't know what to add but I had high hopes for your case. How else can a seller protect against fraudulent buyers? What more do they want you to do??
blakep82

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
Could there be a case of fraud against your buyer? Over a matter of £27, plod might not be too interested.

I wouldn't let it lie though.

if plod aren't interested, ask them why they're turning a blind eye to fraud

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

GeoffT

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Jon, is there a dispute number, or some means of Paypal account holders of referencing this case?

Maybe if enough of us log on and ask for clarification as to why, with total proof of delivery, they judged against you, they may sit up?

Ok, we'll probably just get a 'sod off' (if any) reply, but if they get enough, and we mention a 2000 member forum (near enough...) all watching the case, maybe it'll concentrate their minds a little.

This is Paypal taking the easy option, and basically rewarding fraudsters

rf900rush

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Try to find out if you can take paypal to small claims court. My not win, but should pi$$ them off.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Dont let them get away with this - it's an outrage!

Tell them you'll be taking the matter to a small claims court. If you really have proof of postage, delivery and a signature you'll win immediately (if any representative of paypal ever turns up anyway).

Scumbags

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Liam

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'd also write a letter detailing the incident to their head office (not through the normal dispute channels where you'd just be fobbed off) complaining and see if that gets anything done.
robinbastd

posted on 30/5/08 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Jon (and any other Paypal users)
Take a look at this:

http://www.ukauctionHelp.co.uk/ppchargeback.php

I hope it helps.
Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

Jon Ison

posted on 30/5/08 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
You would think THIS would be enough ?

Well on top of this we also have obtained and given to payapl a copy of the signature given on delivery.

How they came to this conclusion god alone knows, at the moment we are trying to apeal, but guess what you cant apeal, the case is closed ???

Aboardman

posted on 30/5/08 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
trouble is paypal is now a bank registered in Luxembourg and is now not under the fsa rules.

quote:
Originally posted by robinbastd
Take a look at this:

I hope it helps.
Ian

MikeRJ

posted on 30/5/08 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
How they came to this conclusion god alone knows, at the moment we are trying to apeal, but guess what you cant apeal, the case is closed ???

Read the information in the link provided by robinbstd, it's solid gold. Essentialy the actions of Paypal in the UK are governed by the FSA, which means the financial ombudsman mediate any disputes, and this costs Paypal £360 a pop, irrespective of outcome. All the info you need is on that page.

iank

posted on 30/5/08 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aboardman
trouble is paypal is now a bank registered in Luxembourg and is now not under the fsa rules.

quote:
Originally posted by robinbastd
Take a look at this:

I hope it helps.
Ian

If they are doing business as a bank in the UK they are under the FSA rules, at least that's my understanding. If it wasn't true there wouldn't be a UK registered bank in the country any more IMO.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

joneh

posted on 31/5/08 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Where is your buyer?

One of us will live near him and ask for your money...

Danozeman

posted on 31/5/08 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
Dont let it drop mate. I have several complaints in with ebay at the minute as theyv removed 4 of my lisitings in the last 2 months where there hasnt been anything against ebay rules and they mad me take a test so i could carry on selling. Ebay and paypal are taking the right wee ATM.
Just look at the new feedback system and thatl tell you that sellers have feck all rights. Theyv taken over the world and fucked it all up.

As said write to ebay head office and go to the fsa ombudsman. It may just be 27 quid but the principle has to outway.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

pawgrp

posted on 31/5/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've just found an article in the May edition of Which? magazine about disputes with PayPal. Their advice is to go to the FOS. Worked a treat in the case they reported on. I just hope you don't let them get away with it.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.